Parents First week training optionals :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
Little Monkey flew into the gym Monday night wanting to know if she gets to go in the "big girl" group now, lol. Well, it just so happened that there was a parent meeting that night about some behavior/attitude issues with the older girls and after the meeting and talking to HC and the other coaches, everyone decided it would be best to keep LM with the girls her age but they would just train her on different skills within each event.

This week, she was loving life! She was so excited to go to practice (more than usual if anyone can imagine). By Wed, she had gotten her front handspring front tuck on floor, and tsuk into the pit. She has been doing giants on the low bar with a little spot and will be putting that into her routine. Her biggest challenge right now is the BHS on beam which she needs for USAGIC that they will probably start competing in March. We had to dig out the videos from last season of her optional floor and they are going to tweak it this week to make it work both for USAIGC and Level 7. So it's been a full and exciting week.

Yeah!!! Sounds like she is doing some FUN stuff! My DD has also been enjoying the past week. These new skills have really pumped her up, LOL

That's great that you will be able to use the same USAIGC routine for L7. She will be very comfortable with it already and just adding a couple things here and there will make it easy to compete it! CONGRATS!

Sounds like one happy camper you have there! Good luck to her in her IGC season - it will be a good prep for Level 7 for her next year! ;)

Sounds like an exciting week! I bet the BHS on beam shows up in no time!

How fun for her! Great that she gets to stay with girls her own age and her friends. Sending her lots of luck for a great USAIGC season and getting ready for her first optional season!!

So glad to hear that Little Monkey is able to monkey around with some new, exciting skills while staying with kids her own age! This is great news! :)

How exciting for her! My dd has been energized by getting to work her L6 skills so I can only imagine how exciting it must be to get to work all those optional skills.

Will LM do low bar giants in her USAIGC routine? That would be really cool. Good luck with the BHS on beam. Once my dd had it on the low beam, she moved it to high beam in one day so I am sure LM will have it down in no time. Best of luck in USAIGC! I can't wait to see videos of her routines.

Meg

Will LM do low bar giants in her USAIGC routine?

I'm not sure yet as the other night one of the other coaches put her up to do them on the high bar.

Here's a pic of her doing cast-to-handstands by herself.

Attachments

• CHS.jpg
    CHS.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 31
Very nice! We are also loving optional skills.

My DD has been doing giants (she LOVES them!)and trying to get her press handstand on the high beam. She is the strongest one on the team so her coach thinks she can do it. Only reason I can think of them having her do them is becasue they will be doing USAICG maybe for next year w/USAG?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back