first Xcel Gold meet is in the books

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
DD had her first Gold meet today and she did wonderful. so proud of her. she had two worries going into the meet. one, getting over the vault table. two, she wouldn't have floor music (last practice the cd was acting screwy in the computer & saying file not found). I assured her that she would indeed get over the vault table & she would have floor music.

started out on vault. I was thankful as then it would be out of the way & she would not need to worry about 'getting over the table' for the rest of the day. Both looked pretty good to me. 8.5 a personal best for FHS vault and tied for 1st !!! scratch worry #1 off the list.

next was bars. first meet in grips, exciting !! casts were archy but 9.1 and 1st Place.

on to beam. it was really cold because they had opened the doors on that side because the other side of the gym was really hot. very wobbly. fell on her BWO which rarely happens but she stuck her cartwheel. 8.225 no place.

last was floor. they had been able to re-load her music but it wasn't identical to the one she practiced with & they didn't want that to mess her up so they hooked a phone up to the system & play it from youtube. well started ok but that didn't last after about 20 seconds it got real staticy and then cut off completely !! she turned to look @ where music is and HC just kept repeating ''just keep going... just keep going... just keep going'' so she did. when the music finally came back more than half way through she was actually spot on with where she should have been !!!! finished a clean routine scored a 9.250 for 2nd place. I was so proud that she held it together & just amazed that she stayed exactly with the music even when she ddn't have any. she has only had her routine for 2 weeks !

All- Around 35.075 for 1st place.

great way to start her season & qualified for States so no need to worry about that anymore.

Congratulations to your DD! Oh, wow! I think that next year, when my DD has her own floor music, I'm going to make sure we have lots and lots of copies of it! What happened with your DD was crazy. Good for her that she managed to keep it together and do so well in spite of it!

Wow! That is a GREAT first meet. Good for her for going with the flow with the floor routine music issue. Those are great scores, congrats to her!

WTG! Her scores were great! Wonderful to hear that not only did she get over the vault table, but she scored her personal best and tied for 1st! Amazing how she stuck with that floor routine and kept it on track even when the music cut out - that had to take so much concentration on her part! A big congrats to her for placing 1st AA - I bet she is over the moon :)

Impressive recovery on floor! That must've been nerve-wrecking, but sounds like she handled herself well. Congrats on a good first meet!!

Sounds like a very successful meet to kick off the season with. Wasn't she competing level 5 in the fall? If I'm remembering correctly, that's a pretty awesome turn around with not a lot of time to perfect new skills and routines. She's off to a great start!

Sounds like a very successful meet to kick off the season with. Wasn't she competing level 5 in the fall? If I'm remembering correctly, that's a pretty awesome turn around with not a lot of time to perfect new skills and routines. She's off to a great start!

She did compete L5 in the fall & really struggled. barely qualified for States @ the last meet before States. did her best @ States. That meet was Dec 11th I think, somewhere in there. They were off 2 weeks @ Christmas. She learned he floor routine Jan 10 & 11th and competed it Jan 21. I love her routine. I am trying to see if one of the other moms happened to record it because I was taking pictures and the person I asked to record it recorded her granddaughter & only got my DD walking off the floor.

I will try to post the video I have of bars.

[video]http://db.tt/OCZEFGoR[/video]

hope this works. still some work to do on her cast & getting the pike out of her tap swing

Great job! we were there too - for platinum level. I had wondered if it was the same meet, when you mentioned it being very cold and the music mess up because our session was like that too. Then I saw the video... definitely. I heard the vault scores in your session were judged low so her 8.5 is really great! Congrats to your dd.

Great job! we were there too - for platinum level. I had wondered if it was the same meet, when you mentioned it being very cold and the music mess up because our session was like that too. Then I saw the video... definitely. I heard the vault scores in your session were judged low so her 8.5 is really great! Congrats to your dd.

we only had one girl competing platinum. she did really well. we also had 2 L7's. Have not heard how they did. I always enjoy meets there because it is so relaxed & laid back. yeah, the music issue sucked but now DD knows what to do if that happens again and more importantly, she knows she can pull it off well anyway.

hope your DD had a great day too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back