Parents Flat feet = poor releve

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CuriousCate

Proud Parent
So my kiddo has really flat feet. Like really flat. Nothing to do for them really as they are "flexible flat feet" not "fixed ...we just help her strengthen her ankles to she is less prone to sprains. I have recently noticed, though, that she has a tough time getting her feet to look pretty, for lack of a better word, when in releve. She gets up on her toe relatively high but doesn't form that nice arched shape. Would this result in deductions on beam and floor? Thanks!

So my kiddo has really flat feet. Like really flat. Nothing to do for them really as they are "flexible flat feet" not "fixed ...we just help her strengthen her ankles to she is less prone to sprains. I have recently noticed, though, that she has a tough time getting her feet to look pretty, for lack of a better word, when in releve. She gets up on her toe relatively high but doesn't form that nice arched shape. Would this result in deductions on beam and floor? Thanks!
Ha! I love that we often have similar questions. I'm sure a judge could weigh in more accurately, but unfortunately, I think it does result in some minor deductions on beam and floor. One of my girls also has flattish feet and also (very long story) had a significant injury to one of her feet, so even pointed, it looks less pointed than her "good" foot. And her releve doesn't look as high even though she is in releve--if that makes sense.

Ha! I love that we often have similar questions. I'm sure a judge could weigh in more accurately, but unfortunately, I think it does result in some minor deductions on beam and floor. One of my girls also has flattish feet and also (very long story) had a significant injury to one of her feet, so even pointed, it looks less pointed than her "good" foot. And her releve doesn't look as high even though she is in releve--if that makes sense.
I have always noticed that as well - that we ask similar questions and that our kiddos have been in similar situations!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back