Off Topic Flat Tire...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was on my way home from the gym today when I noticed my car was pulling really hard to the right. I just thought I needed an alignment since I had hit a pothole in the road a few days before, but when I pulled into my driveway, my front passenger side tire was completely flat!

Fortunately, my dad, who is a mechanic, was home from work already and came out and fixed it. I got lucky, because I had drove on it a little and could have broken the air seal, which means the tire would have been completely useless.

He then gave me a stern talking to (my dad NEVER yells) about how I shouldn't have been driving on that road to begin with, which I don't usually, unless I'm in a hurry like I was today, because I only have an hour for dinner before it's back to the gym until 8:30. I'll now be leaving 10 minutes early to go the long way down.

Ugh. I just hope the tire isn't ruined...

Tires are so expensive, too! I'm glad you didn't get hurt though, it can be dangerous to drive on a flat tire. I got a flat tire scare once and then for months afterward I was constantly thinking I had a flat tire and pulling over to check when I didn't actually....

I'm assuming you're over 21? Definitely try it, it's one of the few American beers I'll drink. Also most excellent is the Sam Adams Summer Ale.

</snob>

Thanks! Feel free to snag, as I did. Gymmouse, I like yours too. And be careful! I don't want you to find out what a blowout is like.

Last edited:
I got a flat tire too the other day. My car was making a funny noise and pulling hard to the right too, so I pulled over and it was flat. Of course it was on the interstate which was kinda scary. I ruined my tire unfortunately. But it wasn't really my fault so my dad paid for the fix.

Just be glad you can all drive!! We have to wait till we're seventeen, and I don't know if we drive different cars over here but it takes like a year to pass your test as well.

I have to either walk everywhere or take the bus. Not fun, let me tell ya.

Having said that, we can drink when we're eighteen. Haha.

Last edited:
Haha, I couldn't drive until I was 19. And we can't drink til we're 21. We can go to war when we're 18, but can't enjoy a legal beer until 21? Something doesn't seem right.

Anyway, my dad fixed it and it seems to be okay. I still get nervous driving on bumpy roads, though. How terrible is that?

You have to be 17 to get a senior license in NY State (junior license is useless downstate), and you have to be 18 to get a license if you live in New York City.

We have a train here but unless I just happen to be going to Stamford or NYC it's pretty useless. But it is kind of ironic that I could get to my dad's office in NYC much easier then to my friend's house 2 miles away.

Now I drive everywhere, including NYC, which makes my mom cringe.... Driving in the city isn't that bad, worst thing that ever happened to me was....a $212 parking ticket....grrrrr.

Depends on the state, IHB. It's almost always sixteen. But you get what's called a "learner's permit" at 15, and you can drive IF you have a licensed driver in the front seat with you.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back