Parents flip fest and IGC camps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Would you send your kid to Flip Fest or IGC?

• Yes

• No

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 27150

My daughter wants to go to Flip Fest summer camp so bad but we are a good 9 hour drive away, which I honestly don't mind. I have paid the same price for non sleepaway camps before so the price doesn't bother me. I am not a clingy parent but I do need to make sure my daughter is safe. I would drive her there and stay in an Air B and B nearby but I am unsure about the fact that she cannot bring a phone or Ipad to contact me. I am aware of landline phones that are available but I would want her to have an item to contact me whenever not needing to leave her cabin or anything. I also am unsure of how safe the people are. She has never been to sleepaway camp and i want to know from other parents if they feel that this is truly safe. Please share experiences and my daughter is 13 for the reference.

We were going to send her to IGC, but it's across the country. She won't go across the country alone, so I'd have to go with her, stay with family or get a hotel. I guess it might be an opportunity to get a lot of work done, but if it turns out not to be I'm kinda screwed (this situation is specific to my business and I won't bore you with it).
In the end, she wanted to go to a local-ish creative writing sleepover camp more, so we're going to take her up on that.

I can't speak to Flip Fest but this will be my daughter's third summer at IGC. She absolutely loves it. She is turning 12 this March. The first year I was a little nervous as she had never been to an overnight camp but now it is one of her favorite things to do. They run a pretty tight ship, counselors are with the girls, and there is structured gym time and recreational activities. They also post a ton of photos each day and give an option for you to send an email to your daughter and she can reply back.

I sent my 13 year old to Flip Fest for the first time last summer. She had an absolute blast and it was a very positive experience. She is trying some new experiences this year, but I would have no hesitations about sending her back.

My daughter wants to go to Flip Fest summer camp so bad but we are a good 9 hour drive away, which I honestly don't mind. I have paid the same price for non sleepaway camps before so the price doesn't bother me. I am not a clingy parent but I do need to make sure my daughter is safe. I would drive her there and stay in an Air B and B nearby but I am unsure about the fact that she cannot bring a phone or Ipad to contact me. I am aware of landline phones that are available but I would want her to have an item to contact me whenever not needing to leave her cabin or anything. I also am unsure of how safe the people are. She has never been to sleepaway camp and i want to know from other parents if they feel that this is truly safe. Please share experiences and my daughter is 13 for the reference.
I'm confused: are you a parent or an athlete? Your other posts sound like they are coming from an athlete, but here you are posting as the parent of one.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back