WAG Floor music - overused? (overwhelmed!!!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

last year I had a nightmare before Christmas mashup. Year before I went all out asian music (i'm from china (adopted) and definitely look like it). This year I have men in black, but it is like a remix or something. My friend has this creepy music that blends into a hard rock. Previous/current floor musics include: george of the jungle, the incredibles, belly dancing music(not sure which), I Need You Now, Harry Potter, Becoming Dauntless, Freeze Frame, Pink Panther, Rocky, Micheal Jackson, transformers, and a ton of others that i don't remember.

I thought I would just bring this thread back up instead of starting a new one, but am looking for thoughts on using Pink Panther as floor music?
I knew a gym owner who HATED it, but that was over 10 years ago, perhaps things have changed? My asst. coach is working on picking music for our Xcel kids (competing Silver next year) who are not dancers and range in age from 7-13. Of her options, Pink Panther really stood out as a possibility for my girls, but knowing that some folks have such a strong opinion about it, I just wanted to get a sense of how others feel.
Asst. coach is a fantastic dancer and I don't doubt she will do wonderful things with whatever we choose, so it's not like it would be dollar store choreography (like I would do!).

I thought I would just bring this thread back up instead of starting a new one, but am looking for thoughts on using Pink Panther as floor music?
I knew a gym owner who HATED it, but that was over 10 years ago, perhaps things have changed? My asst. coach is working on picking music for our Xcel kids (competing Silver next year) who are not dancers and range in age from 7-13. Of her options, Pink Panther really stood out as a possibility for my girls, but knowing that some folks have such a strong opinion about it, I just wanted to get a sense of how others feel.
Asst. coach is a fantastic dancer and I don't doubt she will do wonderful things with whatever we choose, so it's not like it would be dollar store choreography (like I would do!).
I like the Pink Panther so much that I created 2 different 1:00 versions. I have also cut them down shorter.

I personally hate the pink panther theme, but I have heard it use a ton, so it must make for pretty good routines!

I knew it had been used heavily in the past but I don't recall hearing it lately so thought that had changed. We hear lots of synthesized pop songs and I hate synthesized junk- which is most of what I've found on Floor Express.
I doubt our kids are even familiar with the pink panther.

Reactions: sce
When picking music for Xcel I tried to get a decent mix of genre..... We have a Paso doble/bull fighter styles song, a Celtic/Irish song, a couple violinist songs, a couple big band numbers, and a Latin song. I have one EDM song. I tried to stay with a good mix and nothing popular on the radio currently or anything too recognizable. We do have an optional gymnast with pink panther but she is typically the only one that does at the meets they attend.

When picking music for Xcel I tried to get a decent mix of genre..... We have a Paso doble/bull fighter styles song, a Celtic/Irish song, a couple violinist songs, a couple big band numbers, and a Latin song. I have one EDM song. I tried to stay with a good mix and nothing popular on the radio currently or anything too recognizable. We do have an optional gymnast with pink panther but she is typically the only one that does at the meets they attend.
We just get 1 piece of music and all girls in that group learn the same routine to the same music, I would love it if I could pick 2-3 songs and match certain gymnasts with them!

We just get 1 piece of music and all girls in that group learn the same routine to the same music, I would love it if I could pick 2-3 songs and match certain gymnasts with them!
We did that for Silver, then they will get there own when they move to Gold.

A girl on my team has Waka Waka by Shakira haha. But for elegance, look up the song "Torn". (Look up gymnastics floor music Torn) so gorgeous!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back