Parents Floor Music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

FlippinLilysMom

Proud Parent
I'm sure that this has been asked hundreds of times but my DD finally gets to pick her own floor music!! Any suggestions on good sites to look at for floor music? So far we have just been searching on youtube. Thanks!!

Floor music express

That's what we used, too.

My daughter listened to probably a hundred songs until she found one she really liked. There were some I liked better but since it has to be her music for two years I figured it needed to be a song she wanted to do. Her song does suit her personality well.

Floor express music is great. They even trimmed a song for one of our gymnasts who liked the ending better than the beginning.

Have you asked your gym about it? I know our gym requires gymnasts to use a particular site, you may want to ask if you haven't yet just in case it's a policy they have and you use a site they aren't affiliated with. Just my 2 cents :)

Have you asked your gym about it? I know our gym requires gymnasts to use a particular site, you may want to ask if you haven't yet just in case it's a policy they have and you use a site they aren't affiliated with. Just my 2 cents :)
Our gym doesn't have any requirements as to where we get our floor music. They want my DD to come up with 3 that she likes and then she will send those to our coach who will listen to them and give her opinion on which she likes best (if any). Once we agree on music it's up to the parents to purchase it and then the coaches will bring in a choreagrapher sometime in the summer to create her new routine. I'm so excited, I love her current routine but am so ready for something new and fresh!!

Here's a thread with a bunch of recommendations for places to get floor music.

If there's a particular style you're looking for, I'd be happy to help point you in the right direction.
Thank you so much!! My DD is 11 years old and will be competing level 9 along with HOPES. She is very petite but very powerful and has a LOT of personality, so looking for something very upbeat, something that will grab everyone's attention when the music starts. Nothing slow or graceful, she is definitely not a "dancer" type gymnast, more of a Shawn Johnson/Simone type versus a Nastia. This is the song that I would love for her to choose but she's not sure about it

I'm at work right now, but I'll revisit this when I get home. PM me if you don't hear from me by tonight.

Was this directed towards me? Hope I didn't do anything wrong by posting the youtube link. It's not my channel, I just googled it and it was the first link that popped up so I copied and pasted it so that OP could hear it. But feel free to PM me anytime! :)

Was this directed towards me? Hope I didn't do anything wrong by posting the youtube link. It's not my channel, I just googled it and it was the first link that popped up so I copied and pasted it so that OP could hear it. But feel free to PM me anytime! :)

Ooops! no, you're fine, I meant to quote a different post and misclicked.

Specifically, I was responding to....

Thank you so much!! My DD is 11 years old and will be competing level 9 along with HOPES. She is very petite but very powerful and has a LOT of personality, so looking for something very upbeat, something that will grab everyone's attention when the music starts. Nothing slow or graceful, she is definitely not a "dancer" type gymnast, more of a Shawn Johnson/Simone type versus a Nastia.

Anyway, while I'm here....

@FlippinLilysMom most coaches tend to shy away from rock-ish stuff for younger kids, and judges often don't like it (which shouldn't matter because there's no deduction in the rules for choosing music the judges don't like BUT ANYWAY)

For upbeat, playful music that suits a 9-year old, the first two tunes that jump to my mind are this and this. The second one especially has a nice punchy opening that grabs attention right out of the gate. If you want something less jazzy, then you might try this one or this one on for size. Those are off the top of my head; if none of those jumps out at you, let me know and I'll spend a bit more time and see what else I can dig up for you.

Obviously, all of these would need to be cut to routine length. Odds are there's somebody at the gym who can do that for you; if not, post here and somebody here might be able to help (I'd offer, but my schedule is packed at the moment).

Last edited:
^^ he is right. My DD initually wanted some sort of pop type music as she is also high energy and fast. This was my DDs first year as an optional. Also nine years old. Our coach picked the music. When I first heard it, I didn't like it at all, however, once she got the routine, it really grew on me. It suits her perfectly, personality and age wise. I would really go with what the coach or choreographer recommends.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back