Parents Florida Gators Home Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MidwesternGymMom

Proud Parent
I am considering taking my daughter to a home meet. I looked for tickets and it looks like single meet tickets are general admission only. Is this correct? If the meet starts at 6:45pm, how early should we plan to arrive to get decent seats?

We've only been there once, but it was GA for seats. We arrived about 15 minutes early, and it was tough to find 6 seats together (we ended up splitting into 2 groups of 3), but it was also a pretty important meet. Based on who they are competing against, it may not be as crowded. The one thing we notice a lot at collegiate meets is that often big sections are roped off for local gyms bringing their teams to watch, so it may be best to check with the ticket office to see if there are several groups going. I'd err on the side of being in the arena 30+ minutes early. Gives you some time to get food and merch!

The lower level seating is all assigned and NOT General admission. Season tickets are I think $4 for children and $8 for adults. Not sure if you can pick up any on stubhub or the official ticket office exchange (I know that have one for the other sports, so just assuming). All the meets are pretty well attended, the kentucky meet last night (not a premier opponent) had 9k out of 12 k capacity so GA seating can be annoying if you have anymore than 3 people trying to sit together and not getting there an hour+ before meet. Driving to the ODome is the most daunting aspect of it, since it is on campus you have to fight small campus roads with a multitude of cars trying to get close. You can park in the commuter lot and walk up to the Odome, about a 10-15 minute walk up hill. Getting into the actual venue is simple, they do have metal detectors and no food or drink can be brought in! So I would plan on getting on campus by 6 for a 6:45 meet. If the travel gods are with you, you can watch the team warm ups!

I brought my daughter to one last year. We weren't late, but didn't have the greatest choice of seats.
This year I'm bringing her to one meet, and I went ahead and bought season reserved tickets just so I didn't have to worry about that. I figured for $35, I've spent that on one local meet before, so it wasn't too crazy of an idea.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back