Flyaway!!! and a very happy gymmie!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
As all of you know, my DD has been struggling with a fear of the flyaway for about a year now! She has worked one time individually with the HC/owner and is now able to do them with him standing there!! For Alex, this is HUGE! I am so proud of her for letting go of her fear (and the bar!! hehe!!). :applause: The video shows 2 of her flyaways!!

Sorry that the video is so blurry...it was taken with my phone! [video=youtube;0omuOrAS_Q0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0omuOrAS_Q0[/video]

Such an accomplishment. She also did a beautiful job with it! You must be so proud of her for overcoming her fear!

My daughter is struggling with that same fear now, she rapped her toes on a layout flyaway (her coach doesn't let them tuck) and she is now working to get over it. She is doing them, but really holding back on her tap swings going into it and struggling with letting go too soon.

Last edited:
Such an accomplishment. She also did a beautiful job with it! You must be so proud of her for overcoming her fear!

My daughter is struggling with that same fear now, she rapped her toes on a layout flyaway (her coach doesn't let them tuck) and she is now working to get over it. She is doing them, but really holding back on her tap swings going into it and struggling with letting go too soon.

Thanks, I am sure your DD will get back to doing them in no time! It is so hard when they get hurt and can't let it go! Alex was doing the exact same thing...killing her tap swing and not letting go. She still has to have the coach standing right there. Let me know how she progresses!

YAYYY!!!! flyaways are one of those skills that everyone is afraid of until they get it and then its sooo fun to do!!! Congrats to her for conquering her fear and getting the flyaway!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back