WAG Flyaway help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

One of my friends is having major flyaway trouble. She is fine doing it on the low bar with a spot but once she gets on the high bar she won't let go. She will start tucking early and slightly pulling in on the high bar. This has developed some fear. My friend has hit her feet which gave her fear so she started tucking early which made her over-rotate and land on her butt which gave her even more fear. I have a hunch as to why she may be fine with low bar flyaways but not high bar flyaways. On low bar she is already in position and all she has to do is let go whereas on high bar she has to let go and get in position. She is scared to do layout flyaways for fear of hit the bar.

Any tips?

One of my friends is having major flyaway trouble. She is fine doing it on the low bar with a spot but once she gets on the high bar she won't let go. She will start tucking early and slightly pulling in on the high bar. This has developed some fear. My friend has hit her feet which gave her fear so she started tucking early which made her over-rotate and land on her butt which gave her even more fear. I have a hunch as to why she may be fine with low bar flyaways but not high bar flyaways. On low bar she is already in position and all she has to do is let go whereas on high bar she has to let go and get in position. She is scared to do layout flyaways for fear of hit the bar.

Any tips?
At my gym how we learned them was to put a really big marshmallow mat underneath the high bar and do it on that and practice with fewer mats until she can't just do it on a sting mat or the normal mat.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back