WAG Flyaway!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I should let her reply later :) but it's pretty good thank you! 2 weeks today...she's not back 100%, but I'm amazed at what she can do! She only missed one class, and was angry about that. My only fear is that she hasn't vaulted at all yet. First competition is Dec 6, so hopefully she'll be ok! She's just doing the handspring.

Great, but please don't use your mothers account again or she will be banned - no under 13's, for your protection. :)
Seriously? She was really excited about it. Obviously I'm supervising. That's a bit excessive IMO, but I'm not one to break the rules. I saw there was a gymnast forum, so I was going to let her check that out. (Again, supervised) but oh well! :)

It is because there can be people on here that are not registered, trolling, being inappropriate. And tehre have been some registered that have done that. They are pretty strict about who can post. You can show her things on here, but if she posts, there is no way of knowing that you are there. And if she does know how to do it, she might get on without permission. It is totally for her safety.

It is because there can be people on here that are not registered, trolling, being inappropriate. And tehre have been some registered that have done that. They are pretty strict about who can post. You can show her things on here, but if she posts, there is no way of knowing that you are there. And if she does know how to do it, she might get on without permission. It is totally for her safety.
It is sad there are people like that out there :( I definitely err on the side of "helicopter mom". Our kids( 7 and 9) are not allowed online without us, and do not text on our phones without us reading it first. I just thought chatting with some other gymnasts her age from other parts of the country (and world!) would be a cool experience. And I would never let her have free reign. But if that's the rule, so be it! :)

Its in the rules, which everyone has to agree to when signing up.

My DD would love to join in but she is only 10 so has to contend with my reading her bits for a few more years.
Thank you, by the way. I'd rather hear from another parent that I'm doing something wrong than be yelled at by admin! :)

No need to rush, seriously. Someday you will be asking yourself why you were ever eager for your child to connect with friends online [League of Legends cough cough cough].
Definitely no rush here! They grow up way too fast as it is :( I guess I wasn't thinking. She asked about it and I had seen a gymnast forum, so it didn't strike me as odd. But in retrospect, I'm sure you're right!

Two rules broken.

1. Sharing an account.

2. Being under 14. We cannot legally allow under 14 year olds to be members of the CB. There are complicated procedures that must be followed to have young members.

Please do not allow this to happen again.

Two rules broken.

1. Sharing an account.

2. Being under 14. We cannot legally allow under 14 year olds to be members of the CB. There are complicated procedures that must be followed to have young members.

Please do not allow this to happen again.
I am sorry. I was certainly not intentionaly doing anything wrong, my young gymnast was just excited to be part of something. I have had nothing but positive experiences on chalk bucket until now, and I appreciate all I have learned and all the people I've met. As I have previously stated, I fully intend to follow the rules.

You must see that I ban underage users on a daily bass. Plus when members join they have to say they are over 14. The rules are also highlighted during the jining process.

Way too many lunatics and creepers on gymnastics forums to have little kids on here.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back