Freaky Forward Roll's real name?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

starmaker

What would you call a forward while on your belly-starting in a seal position, rolling forward while bringing your legs up over your head and rolling? Is there a name for it? I don't think it's an actual gymnastics skill maybe rthymic though. Ingymmom's dd does it she calls it a freaky forward??? lol

Isn't there a skill on beam were you do the same thing and roll on your shoulder? I can't remember what its called off the top of my head.

Thank you all

Apparently dd's gym is having an end-of-summer show for the parents next weekend. The compulsory girls put their routines together(so cute!). There is a part where each one individually does a certain skill- sort of to show it off. DD could of chosen a number of skills and opt to do freaky forward roll all across the floor. :eek:It looks histerical! More like a circus show but oh well! She is very proud of her freaky forward roll. lol! And everyone in the gym has talked to me or referred to Olivia's freaky forward roll. LOL I think it's histerical how everyone calls it a freaky forward roll as if that were its official name. I think Audrey really started something here and its sticking and going around fast heehee!

I am not sure it's exactly a Garrison roll although very close. Thank you all for all the responses. I'll let them know it's really called a--Garrison roll although I have a feeling our gym will still call it....freaky forward roll! :D

The show should be fun to watch love the idea if them being able to make up there on routines ,I wish our gym did that.One of my dd's team mate taught her how to do the freaky roll ,when they are warming up they love to do them.

I thought I posted a reply to this. If you roll like that and go straight over your chest, chin and face it would be called a Chest roll.

The Garrison roll is initiated as a chest roll that then goes over the shoulder. However, she stays pretty forward in her shoulder roll. On the same spot, backward shoulder rolls are down on BB.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back