Parents Fresh Rip

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Empowered

Proud Parent
So here we are, 1 week out of her first meet of the season and my daughter just got her first rip ever! :eek:

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas of what she can do this week to dry it out fast, or what she can put on it so it won't sting so bad when she's on bars.

I tried to just put tape over it and have her run through a full routine and she was all over the place and I could see she was trying to not fully grip the bar with that hand.

Any ideas would be most appreciated... I am sure there are other threads on this, but in a panic I didn't take the time to look for them.

Nevermind all... found links to plenty of tips. We'll start with tea bags and neosporin with socks over the hands to sleep and hopefully be fine by the meet.

Glad you found the threads. Those rip threads should seriously be stickied. :)

My daughter got a huge rip last Tuesday and by Friday, she was okay enough to do bars with tape grips her coach made for her. Maybe see if her coach will make her some (you may need to provide the athletic tape because some gyms charge big bucks for that!) for her next practice.

DDs gym does it similar to this: Rifs Blog: How to tape your hands.

Hope her hands heal quickly! We use the Johnsons and Johnsons Advanced Healing pads on DDs rips. She has some precut for her gym locker. They only work at the gym when she isn't on bars, but at home, we wash the rip and dry it well, then apply some of the J&J stuff. It really helps to keep the rip clean and provides a moist healing environment. I usually get 6-8 out of each sheet, depending on how big her rips are. It also helps her at the gym to be able to finish her practice and keep the rip clean and protected. She knows to wash her hands and dry them, then to apply. :D
First Aid Advanced Healing Adhesive Pads | Walgreens Official Web Site

Place warm tea bags on them to help the sting and then I used new skin on DD. It will STING but it puts a nice protective coat and then use pre-wrap and tape it. DD lost the entire palm of her hand with her first rip and with in a week the taping was done and she was back to full work. Mind you she did work bars almost daily with it a mess she just worked through the pain.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back