WAG Front Handspring Front Tuck Help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm planning to compete Level 7 in the 2015 Optional season. I've been having trouble with my front handspring front tuck connection on floor.
The problem is, after my front handspring, I bend my legs going into the front tuck. I don't get enough rebound after the front handspring, so my front tuck is not very high. I still land it well, but my coach says I'll get at least a 0.5 deduction for my bent legs. This is strange, because three different coaches have told me three different things to solve this issue. One coach says that I need to straighten my legs, another coach says I need to reach up higher with my arms to get height, and finally the third coach says I need to rebound faster off the ground because I rebound to early. Anyway, I just wanted some of your opinions and tips, and if there are any drills I can do to solve this issue. It would greatly help! Thanks :)

Set up mats in a way that allows you to go "down hill" with each contact with the floor. So lets say you're starting on a 4.5 inch stack and then place your push foot on a 3 inch stack followed by hand placement on a 1.5 inch stack.

Do the handspring from a stand on your kick leg with your push leg held straight at hip height. Fall forward and kick hard while pushing hard with your front foot. The drop downhill will make it easy enough to do the skill, and the standing start will slow it all down enough to give you time to work into the correct shapes and positions.

Do ten repetitions before starting front hand fronts.

Set up mats in a way that allows you to go "down hill" with each contact with the floor. So lets say you're starting on a 4.5 inch stack and then place your push foot on a 3 inch stack followed by hand placement on a 1.5 inch stack.

Do the handspring from a stand on your kick leg with your push leg held straight at hip height. Fall forward and kick hard while pushing hard with your front foot. The drop downhill will make it easy enough to do the skill, and the standing start will slow it all down enough to give you time to work into the correct shapes and positions.

Do ten repetitions before starting front hand fronts.

Thank you for the advice! I will try it! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back