WAG Front Handspring Help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am currently doing rec gymnastics, and I have been trying to learn how to do a FHS. I can do it on the trampoline, and up until a couple of days ago, I could do it on the tumble track. When I try on floor, I always land in a low crouch, or on my butt. Recently, that has been happening on the tumble track as well. Does anyone know what could be causing it? are there any drills I could do to help?

This is general info because I don't have a video, but try to get off of your hands at an earlier angle, and then pull your feet under you.

Things that can help that are long, low hurdles, and speed in your front-handspring/run into it. Also back flexibility.

Without a video, it's hard to see what the problem is, but to get more height so you don't land how you have been, make sure the spring comes through your shoulders, not from taking your hands of the ground without popping.

Without a video, it's hard to see what the problem is, but to get more height so you don't land how you have been, make sure the spring comes through your shoulders, not from taking your hands of the ground without popping.
Thank you :) How would I pop??

As you jump to your hands, push through your shoulders, almost like you're shrugging them. If you have enough power, and flip your feet over quick enough, then you should be able to land better. Have you ever done handstand pops in your gym?

As you jump to your hands, push through your shoulders, almost like you're shrugging them. If you have enough power, and flip your feet over quick enough, then you should be able to land better. Have you ever done handstand pops in your gym?
Thank you :) I will try. I have not done that at my gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back