Front Hip Circle in Grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
Hello! I got grips a couple weeks ago (maybe 4? but I'm only in the gym 1 maybe 2 days a week)

For the first bit I simply swung on the highbar doing tap swings and such in them to get used to them and to wear them in.

Now to the actual question:

When you wear dowel grips (I have Reisport) You have the dowel and a bit of the grip between your fingers and the bar, but when I do a front hip circle that part rolls out so the dowel is touching my fingers....does that make sense?
I do shift my wrists and have tried shifting them a bit extra to see if that helps. But I just can't figure it out.

Any suggestions?

If you really don't understand anything I just said let me know and I could attempt to take pictures describing the problem (not sure how that would go though)

When I do front hip circles, I take my hands completely off the bar for a second. If your having trouble with getting over the bar at the end, always remember to have your grips over the bar. The one thing about dowel grips is that you cannot do anything if your hands are not over the bar. That's just the way they are.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back