DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Are you a better at front tumbling or back tumbling? Why?

Front- I have better form and more power, especially on my front handsprings(compared to BHS) .

Back tumbling

Front tumbler,
For some reason I can't get myself to go backwards on floor. I can do it
on beam and bars though. I've been working on my back tuck on floor for so long but I can't seem to do it....Any advice?

Froggyflipper!

Front, but I'm not very good at either, considering that the front tuck is still in the work room.

Back! I love backwards tumbling! It's way easier for me than front! Blind landings suck.. I feel safer and like i have more control when i do backwards tumbling!
eg. I just got my frontwalkover on the high beam and it has been so much scarier to learn then backwalkovers!

I'd say I'm slightly better at back, but for the most part I'm comfortable with both. I actually prefer blind landings -- for some reason I can stick a double front and an arabian double front much more consistently than I can stick a double back.

I prefer front tumbling, i feel i can put so much more power into it! when i back tumble i feel i cant control my power and i dont have a clue where i am!!!

Back! I love backwards tumbling! It's way easier for me than front! Blind landings suck.. I feel safer and like i have more control when i do backwards tumbling!
eg. I just got my frontwalkover on the high beam and it has been so much scarier to learn then backwalkovers!

I think front walkovers are way better than back! If you're flexible enough, they don't have to be a blind landing; you can see your foot coming towards the beam. I do frontwalkover-fronthandspring as my series.

Front Tumbling.....
Most people think front tumbling is harder but I'm definitely a front tumbler. I didn't find this out until like last year in level 7, when I got my front handspring front tuck down. Never missed it since! HAHA! I wanna sometime in the future do like front handspring front pike front tuck......

I'm kinda both, but when I look at it I think I'm/I was a better front tumbler because that came more naturally to me.

definitely back tumbling. I feel like I have more power and control, and my brain has problems dealing with front tumbling for some reason. I've been trying to learn a front handspring- layout twist lately, but I get so messed up I start twisting in the FRONT HANDSPRING lol its crazy. When I can get it down, front tumbling is easy, but my mind has a hard time coping with it

btw, any tips on that front twisting thing? It is seriously driving me crazy.

I like both ways of tumbling but I am a stronger back tumbler!! I love tumbling in general!

i can do either no problem but i seem to like back more. i feel like i can control myself more then when i go frontwards. instead of going backwards and not knowing where i am, its when i go forwards i have a problem.

I'm a better back tumbler - probably because for me it makes it a lot easier to see the floor when you're coming out of a skill - which you can't do in front tumbling.

Front tumbling was my favorite. I was a good tumbler in general...but, i could front tumble forever. It was my favorite and just felt normal. I used to wish I could just do a ton of front tumbling instead of back. My coach thought I was crazy because it's a blind landing but, it just felt right.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back