WAG Front Tuck with a Half on Beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Empowered

Proud Parent
So my daughter was pulling up old videos and found a routine with Vanessa Atler where she did a front tuck half on beam. It was very cool, but I don't think I've seen anyone else do it. Does it just not have enough value or is it deceptively hard? Just curious since I technically know nothing about this silly sport other than that it's expensive and giving me grey hair :rolleyes:

Christine (Peng Peng) Lee from Canada did it too.
[video=youtube;7RcfTsTMs6k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RcfTsTMs6k[/video]
And I am not sure of the value, but I think it is an E.

You haven't seen many of them because they're harder than........... well, they're hard!

It looks like somebody's been paying attention during beam practice......

Chellsie Memmel also competed it for years and it's called a Barani (E). Two foot takeoff, two foot landing, with a half twist. Not sure what the tramp skill is?

There's also a brani which is a side aerial that lands on two feet. I think Kami Moore competed that skill and it's treated like a side aerial (D) in the FIG code.

1 is a barani and 1 is a front 1/2. they are 2 different skills. the side aerial that lands on 2 feet is just that...a side aerial that lands on 2 feet, but not a barani.

yes. ^^^. the barani early in the first 1/2 of the somi and the other later in the 2nd 1/2 of the somi.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back