Front Walkover beam help.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Salto

Gymnast
Okay so when I was a level five (now four) I had my front walkover on high beam no problem, I stuck them every time. We took a little break from front walkovers and now I cant do them even on the low beam. I get to a split handstand and just turn of. Any tips?
P.S I have my front walkover on floor as well as a one handed front walkover:jump:

It sounds like you're over controlling the handstand to get set to move through to the rest of the skill. It doesn't need to be done slowly, just straight. It sounds like you've got a pretty good walkover and could easily do it, but you're changing how you do them when it time to do them on the high beam...... so answer this question.....

Do you remember learning cartwheels, and doing them slower on the high beam than normal, and how they got easier once you started doing them in the normal rhythm you use on the floor line???

It's like that.

It sounds like you're over controlling the handstand to get set to move through to the rest of the skill. It doesn't need to be done slowly, just straight. It sounds like you've got a pretty good walkover and could easily do it, but you're changing how you do them when it time to do them on the high beam...... so answer this question.....

Do you remember learning cartwheels, and doing them slower on the high beam than normal, and how they got easier once you started doing them in the normal rhythm you use on the floor line???

It's like that.

I will try it, thank you!:jump::jump::jump::jump:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back