Front Walkover on Beam?! HELP!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjaiderz1106

So I have been trying to get my FWO on beam....
Here is the thing, Im not scared! BUT... I cant get over! My split handstand is fine, but when I try to do the walkover...NOPE! I just cant get that foot down! Does anyone know some tricks? :mad:

This might seem like a stupid question, but do you have your front walkover on floor? If not, that would be the place to start. Also you might need to work on your back and shoulder flexibility to be able to get your foot down properly. If you're flexible enough, you should be able to see your first foot touch the beam while your hands are still on it. Keep your head back while you are standing up to finish the skill, always looking at your hands.
I hope this helps! I'm starting to learn them as well, but I'm not quite as brave as you, I'm a bit scared of them!

This might seem like a stupid question, but do you have your front walkover on floor? If not, that would be the place to start. Also you might need to work on your back and shoulder flexibility to be able to get your foot down properly. If you're flexible enough, you should be able to see your first foot touch the beam while your hands are still on it. Keep your head back while you are standing up to finish the skill, always looking at your hands.
I hope this helps! I'm starting to learn them as well, but I'm not quite as brave as you, I'm a bit scared of them![Yes, I have them on floor. :) My coach wouldn't let me do them on beam without doing it on floor.. Hahaha, thanks for the advice!]

As always with beam my advice is the same: hundreds on floor line, hundreds on low beam, move to high beam and pile up mats. Hundreds more on this set up, then take a mat away one at a time! Ask for a spot If you need one!
Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back