Parents Full Out

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
If anyone is looking for some gymnastics entertainment.. My girls and I just watched two gymnastics movies, Full Out and Raising the Bar. While we didn't enjoy Raising the Bar ("It's a gymnastics movie, so we'll take what we can get"- Caitie), we all liked Full Out. The girls both liked the movie and researching the real gymnast on whose life it was based.

We are still waiting on Chalk It Up, if anyone has any clue when that will actually come out.

Thanks for these - I managed to find a copy of Full Out (had looked previously but we are a bit slow down here!) Well worth it - DD and I loved it. DS was at gym but I'm sure he will like it too as he loves Hip Hop moves!

DD liked Raising the bar also - I think one of the characters (Aussie one) was in another gym movie called A Second Chance. At about the same level - but maybe the acting is a little worse! But you take what you can get - it IS a gymnastics movie :p Still glad we watched it.

My kid loved Full Out, but mommy and daddy couldn't wait for it to be over. The plot holes...qualifying for the Olympics at L10 nationals? Training at UCLA while rehearsing in San Diego every night? There were also a few references to disordered eating, which my kid noticed and asked about ("Why doesn't she want to eat the chili fries?"). Ugh.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back