Full Turn in Tuck Stand

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I want to learn how to do this. How would I go about doing this? (Video of the skill- This person does it about half way through into a middle split:
YouTube - Maria Filatova 1977 Europeans EF Beam)

I'm just wondering because I tried quite a few and make it about 3/4 around but my knee is gradually feeling weird from it (like as if I have been sitting on it all day, it's not painful at all) so I guessing I'm doing something wrong or lacking strength or something....

I don't plan on doing any more until my knee feels 100% better again but any tips? ^^

When I was starting these, I put a beam pad on the beam, because I kept hitting it with my leg! I feel like the key is to spot something right in front of you, and once you get the 3/4ish turn, feel for the beam with your foot, and sort of catch yourself with your foot on the beam.

(I know you aren't supposed to give medical advice, but about the knee, it's quite possible that you were putting pressure on it bent for so long, that you cut off the circulation. It's happened to me before...) :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back