WAG Fundraising Ideas

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Didn't read any replies, but our HS team has raised money by bagging groceries at a local grocery store for tips (made TONS doing that), worked the concession stand at a few football games (the HS games--I know some have done professional games, but that takes a lot more advance planning) and the swim team just made nearly $1,000 by doing a car wash (no, they didn't wash in their swim suits).

I can offer an update on our plight now that we've had a meeting. We decided we could do a raffle and were all excited to see what we could find for it and the AD said raffles are a no go, it's considered gambling :melodramatic:.
So we are trying to find a location for a car wash at the moment, hopefully that works out because it seems like the best option at the moment. Maybe that combined with the spirit night will make us enough to satisfy the district to get our mats. I didn't think this would be this difficult! I have so much respect for all of the Fundraising chairs and Booster club parents out there! I'm off to find a location for the car wash!

The candy bar idea could be good, especially if we could get the AD to let us set up at a sporting event or something after school. I wonder if Costco sells the same fundraiser box? There isn't a Sam's Club around here. I will definitely bring up that option at our meeting tonight. The HC and I aren't too keen on selling stuff, but if it can make us the full $3000 in just a few weeks, it might be worth a shot!
I called the local Applebee's and they do offer the pancake breakfast fundraiser but are book for the rest of the year with the exception of Nov. 17th, which is a possibility but doesn't fall at the most ideal time.

They don't have them at BJ's or Costco's only at sam's you might be able to have them delivered if you order them online.

Update:
So I posted a few weeks ago about our teams dire need for money to purchase new mats, since then, not a whole lot of progress has been made. We had a spirit night at a local restaurant that netted us $150. Yikes. We also only had 2 team members show up to help out (a few came and ate, but since we got tips/donations on top of 10% of sales, we needed girls there to really sell the program and reach out to people they know). We still need mega money.
We have a list a mile long of things we can't do- no raffles (gambling), no candy sales (against food policy), no sales at football games (booked for the season), no coupon sales (other teams are doing it), so what the heck are we supposed to do?! I scheduled a car wash but had to cancel as it was the same day as homecoming and now it's a bit late for that or yard sales. There isn't interest in doing a clinic type event for younger kids and likely not enough parent involvement for concessions, bake sales, etc.
A parent suggested a benefit concert and the school is okay with that, so I'm working with a friend of mine to try to make that happen, but we need to find a date that works for the school and the band.
I'm totally out of ideas (and am not paid nearly enough to spend this much time mulling this over) so just thought I would reach out to all the creative CBers again to see if anyone has new ideas (and maybe just to vent a little). Thanks for all the help!

Our club does tree chipping every January (1st weekend after NYE), by donation, and we typically net around $ 4,000 - $ 5,000.

Hello there!
Coming out of lurking to comment on this thread. We, too, are trying to find fundraisers to do that everybody else isn't doing, and right now we are doing a Yankee Candle one. You get to keep 40% of what you sell, and so far we are doing great with it. You can find their info online.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back