WAG Fundraising/Raffles at meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi guys, the gym my daughter is with does not do a lot of fundraising even though we have a huge meet we host. I have done fundraising for tons of events but, never a meet. Does anyone have any suggestions for things that sold well (teddy bears) or raffles well. Any words of advice on how to do the raffles? Thank you :eek:

Are you selling meet sponsorships, advertising banners and program adds for your meet? This is an excellent fundraising tool.

Raffles are rare at meets I go to, but for big meets, there are sponsors. Take, for example, my gym's meet. We got subway and frito lay to sponsor us! This really helped. Also, concession stands are always a hit. (And my gym's meet is a big meet. This year we have upwards of 700 girls competing, and signup filled in 2 weeks! Levels are 4-10 and prep opt.)

Our gym had each family prepare a themed gift basket that was raffled. That seemed to go well.

My wife and I did 300 cake pops for our in-house meet. They were a ton of work (too much for one family to do that many, really), but they sold out.

Raffles I've seen alot there have been many items etc that have been raffled. Lottery Ticket tree (lots of lottery tickets attached to a branch usually one you see at christmas or easter at craft stores) they do very well, My DD won a day at the local Day spa with manicure, pedicure, full massage, the works (donated by spa) - Alot of things donated like this, I've seen a week at the Gymnastic Summer camp that is popular in our area, Live lobster coupon (for 8 lobsters), lots of local restaraunts giving gift cards, When I see raffles there is usuallly too a "kids basket" full of things like stuffed animals, travel games, pj's, slippers, etc. These Gift basket items and coupons are usually drawn at the end of the meet on the last day and either shipped to winner, delivered in person by someone to winner or winner comes and picks up. If there are raffle items that are done only after the meet is over they also usually have some smaller baskets that are drawn after each session.

Also the 50/50 raffles are good.

We have done the cake pops, chocolate candy pops and small favor sized candy boxes Parents pay $5 for one and can put a message on the item then at the awards they are given out to the gymnasts with the message from mom and dad (or who ever bought it) read aloud and gymnast comes and gets it. I would say this is really a good one. We have made at home meets $300 a session and when you have 3 days of competition with 4 or 5 sessions a day that really ads up.

Our gym had each family prepare a themed gift basket that was raffled. That seemed to go well.

My wife and I did 300 cake pops for our in-house meet. They were a ton of work (too much for one family to do that many, really), but they sold out.
Wow, 300? That's a LOT of cake pops! Good thing they sold out, what would you have done with the extras? =)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back