WAG Fundraising

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our gym does not do anything for fundraising. Our booster club runs 3 bingo sessions a week in town to raise money.

Our gym hosts a couple of small meets, runs bake sales, has open gym night once a month, two-three exhibitions a year, and had a 5k fun run fundraiser where the girls got sponsors to run. The gym is a non-profit, so no booster- the owner and HC set all this up and any parents willing pitch in.

We do leotard sales, host 1-2 meets a year with a nice concession stand, occasionally sell Avon, and we get a small kickback ;) on all custom team window clings sold.

Has anyone's club done the Applebee's Flapjack fundraiser with success? I was looking into it and curious...

Has anyone's club done the Applebee's Flapjack fundraiser with success? I was looking into it and curious...
we have done it a couple times. It is great if you have a large pool of people to sell tickets to. That is always the hitch with fundraisers - who are going to be your customers? As for applebees - they were great. Very organized and smooth. Everyone had fun volunteering as well.

My dds gym doesn't have a booster club, so every gymnast has to fundraise minimum 500$ a season. So we do a lot of raffles throughout the year, the one that is currently going on is a Father's Day raffle basket. Every gymnast has to sell tickets. We've also done cheese, we're for whatever amount of cheese you sold , a certain percentage went back to the club, we've also done that with fudge. We also host 2 small meets a year.

Our fundraising amount is nuts, $1,800!!!!! But we fundraise most of it. We sell pizza and Gatorade in the lobby once a month, and it's always a big hit among pretty much everyone from the team kids (particularly the boys), to siblings and the rec kids. We also do a fruit one and a chocolate one, which is popular, too.

Our most successful fundraiser this year was a raffle! We raffled off a yeti cooler, sold tickets for $10 each, & we profited $3000.

We do sleep overs at the gym, and parents nights out. We sell Qdoba and Subway coupons (we buy them and then sell for more). We do a huge semi truck that sits outside the gym and try to fill it, so half a truck generates I think $500 and a full truck is $1000. We are doing a "financial seminar" and get $15 for each adult that comes (held at Rec center). We sell a bunch of other stuff too- pizza nights, butterbraids, candles, etc. I am trying to organize a 3on3 bball tourney- that will be a big one!

Our biggest fundraiser is poster size ads that businesses buy to be placed on the wall of the gym. Next was our silent auction.

Definitely our home meet is the biggest fundraiser (including concessions and vendor payments). We also do consignment sales of leotards (1/2 to gymnast and 1/2 to team).

Well a sausage sizzle like a barbecue basically set up outside your gym we usually do it in the morning to the afternoon when the littler kids are coming out or going into there classes and you just get lots of sausages loafs of bread, sauces, onions, can of drink and sell them for about $2-$2.50 you could do other things too like burgers but sausages are easier
Tea towel drive; it is like when you sell like Freddos or chocolate but with tea towels
If you don't know what I mean with the selling Freddos it is just like when you go to a company and get boxes of chocolate and sell them with a profit to the public but with teatowels
Hope this helped

We have held internal competitions where we charged a small entry fee, hosted social events for our club and others, for which people had to buy tickets to attend, and had custom onesies made. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back