Funny falls

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

dreamergymnast

If you have ever goofed off or messed up on a trick ( it was funny, no harm was done), please post them here. Once, I was doing round off back handsprings on tumble track, I put way too much power into it, fell on my face, flew five feet on the vault table. On my face. Luckily, I (miraculously) did not get hurt lol :p

If you have ever goofed off or messed up on a trick ( it was funny, no harm was done), please post them here. Once, I was doing round off back handsprings on tumble track, I put way too much power into it, fell on my face, flew five feet on the vault table. On my face. Luckily, I (miraculously) did not get hurt lol :p
Remember, I do not aim to make fun of any one or hurt their feelings. I am sorry if you find this post offensive in any way.

I was practicing BHS on a large octagon spotter and I didn't jump back and up hard enough so I got stuck balancing right on top thinking I was slowly falling forward but it fell back when I had my head tucked, to see where I was, and it was so funny I didn't even feel the neck pain. And everyone, gym moms, gym dads, tumblers, ect. burst out laughing. The funniest part was the gymnastics coordinator who runs it all, who barely ever watches, saw it happen. But she only saw the ending and I didn't have my arms ready so she told me all the things I did wrong. Like she thought that was my BHS.

gymnastics=10% talent 90% hard work

I was practicing tucks on an octagon spotter and I guess I jumped a little crooked because next thing I knew I was on the ground with the octagon sideways on top of me! I was fine though, it didn't hurt at all ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using ChalkBucket mobile app :)

How long did it take you to kip can you give me some hints Thanks:)

I was working on casts on bars and I leaned too forward and I slipped off the bar and face planted...luckily there were squishy mats!

Our coach wanted us to try switch leg leaps on floor for the first time, so I went (everybody's switch leaps were funny to watch and not very good because it was our first time doing them) and when I pulled my front leg back it hit the floor and I face planted into the floor. It was so funny! I still joke about it today!

Haha boy do I have one today. So I was doing a back hip circle (bet you are wondering how I fell on this one) and I casted too big into it...so about the time that I was completely under the bar, I flew off, and did a half- layout thingy do. I ended up facedown on the mat in a fit of giggles.

We were doing press handstands at the end of conditioning and I was super tired and not really focused. I didn't straddle enough so my fry jot the beam and I was leaning too far forward so the combination if the two made me face plant ( very slowly) into a couple of 8 inches below...nearly all my teammates and all the coaches saw it happen plus a bunch of parents who were waiting to pick up their kids... It wasn't too bad just a bloody and bruised nose...
Also while doing Russian pullovers on bas my teammate made me laugh an my hand slipped of the bar and my chin went smashing into the bar...
I was helping a coach demonstrate a front spot on a front handspring vault for some new gymnasts. I Hadn't had a spot on that vault for years. Somehow I landed up lying on my back diagonally across the vault table. All the kids watching were very confused...

1. When I was learning my 1 handed cartwheel, I had to use my back arm instead of my front arm ... but I didn't know that at first. I ended up on my stomach ALOT before I realized it. And i really had to kind of "fake" myself out - pretend I was going to do a regular cartwheel and pull the first hand out of the way at the last second. After I got it, I was so excited that I wanted to show my dad when he came to pick me up... Well, I went to fake myself out and I yanked my front hand so hard that I flipped myself over onto my bottom, lol. He said that maybe I should be a wrestler.
2. I was doing a handstand on low beam and fell into a bridge. I couldn't kick over and I couldn't stand up. If I had been on floor, I would have just fallen to my knees and gotten up. Can't do that on a beam. I had to hop and quickly do a tiny straddle so I could come down with my feet on the floor. Then I could sit down and get up... I didn't realize somebody has spilled a little water on the mats and my little straddle became a very big straddle! It was more scary than painful although there was a little pain.

Our coach wanted us to try switch leg leaps on floor for the first time, so I went (everybody's switch leaps were funny to watch and not very good because it was our first time doing them) and when I pulled my front leg back it hit the floor and I face planted into the floor. It was so funny! I still joke about it today!
Oh Yes! Learning switch leaps is THE thing to lighten up the mood! :D I don't know a single gymnast, no matter how talented who didn't look completly awkward on her first try.

A lot of falls may seem very funny to the one who watches but are mostly quite painful for the gymnast. 80% of the beam falls rage in that category.

Ocasionally we stack up mats with our big, pink, super soft mat on top as an obstacle in order to gain hight on things like tucks etc. Crashing and being completly burried under the big, pink mat is always good fun.

So the gym was really hot one time, and lets just say I was a little bit sweaty ;) beam was our last event that day, and I split the beam getting on! Getting on the beam! How does that even happen!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back