Gabby Douglas Hate - (Hopefully) An End

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So she gets credit for fulfilling her commitment, that's a pretty low standard in my world, but to each their own. Swimming was finished when Locte left. And to say she was better than Locte is again about the lowest standard you can find for an Olympic athlete. He disgraced his country on an international stage. He's 32 and appears to have the judgement of a middle school boy.

Wow, fulfilling commitments is a low standard? Guess USAG has pretty low standards then when they posted their support of Gabby on their Facebook page. I named Lochte because with everything in the news lately, it was the 1st name I could think of. Oh well, I have no idea what will make some of you happy where she is concerned. She has apologized, she has done what has been asked of her. Short of giving up her medals and her first born, not sure what will satisfy people.

I saw one comment that said if she "couldn't respect the flag she should be sent back to Africa".

It's a flag.

From my non-us pov, the people who are bringing down all this hate on Gabby are bringing your country far less respect than she has. No one else cares about her behaviour, it's perfectly acceptable. The behaviour of us citizens who say the above, is not.

I saw one comment .

I deleted what you quoted because it's ridiculous to repeat an inflammatory comment and even more ridiculous to associate that single comment with the discussion here of her behavior.

And it's understandable that you wouldn't agree or understand what some of us (as Americans) feel about her behavior. There are many differences culturally between countries some we understand and some we don't and they don't make us better or worse only different. Again, hate is not the word I feel at all, it's disappointment.

I saw one comment that said if she "couldn't respect the flag she should be sent back to Africa".

It's a flag.

From my non-us pov, the people who are bringing down all this hate on Gabby are bringing your country far less respect than she has. No one else cares about her behaviour, it's perfectly acceptable. The behaviour of us citizens who say the above, is not.

Parlez Vous Marseille??

The petty sniping about Americans in general terms is a bit much already. Our societies both have alot to be ashamed of, don't you think?

hnoxgynde6pf8lzxxk29gnwrak2bjy4-xlarge.jpg

I
I deleted what you quoted because it's ridiculous to repeat an inflammatory comment and even more ridiculous to associate that single comment with the discussion here of her behavior.

And it's understandable that you wouldn't agree or understand what some of us (as Americans) feel about her behavior. There are many differences culturally between countries some we understand and some we don't and they don't make us better or worse only different. Again, hate is not the word I feel at all, it's disappointment.

Let's call it what is was a racist comment. That someone said it/typed at all is bad enough. That there are still people at there that believe such cr@p is sad enough.
Please don't forward that kind of nonsense. It won't take much internet digging to find the racists. And the ignorance, it is so easy to find ignorant racists, sadly they aren't even low hanging fruit. They are the fruit on the ground.

And you probably won't because they were clearly following what they have been told to do and looked very nice standing attentive. As a side note, that was one of the best moments for me, USA Gold, Silver, Bronze and the ladies were so happy and excited for themselves and each other. If you watch other track & field ceremonies they all do the exact same thing. The gymnasts clearly had been told to put their hand over their heart but Gabby didn't and she stood with her knee cocked rather than at attention. It's really that simple and it's fine if you or others don't see anything wrong with it. Many did though and that's ok also. Gabby just doesn't shine in the spotlight like the other gymnasts. She appears distracted or uncomfortable or something else. It's a problem for her and her sponsors and I find it very interesting how strongly people are defending her.
Everyone will see what they want to see, I suppose. I find it interesting/perplexing how strongly people are criticizing her. Hadn't notice the cocked knee though...might have to rethink my entire opinion on this!

I believe this thread is about the hate directed towards Gabby in all social media(Twitter, Facebook etc) not just here on this message board? I think that might be why someone quoted it. OP correct me if I am wrong please. And it is far more than a single comment. Those kind of vile comments have been directed towards her by the thousands.(if not more)

I believe this thread is about the hate directed towards Gabby in all social media(Twitter, Facebook etc) not just here on this message board? I think that might be why someone quoted it. OP correct me if I am wrong please. And it is far more than a single comment. Those kind of vile comments have been directed towards her by the thousands.(if not more)
Yes and it won't take long to find the thousands of them.

And that is the elephant in the room this is about race (and some gender issues as well).

Just not a fan of forwarding and quoting such hate. Not personal to the poster. Spend a lot of time dealing with such hateful topics. Would rather a link then to see it reposted or shared or forwared, JMO

Parlez Vous Marseille??

The petty sniping about Americans in general terms is a bit much already. Our societies both have alot to be ashamed of, don't you think?

hnoxgynde6pf8lzxxk29gnwrak2bjy4-xlarge.jpg
Not sure what that has to do with the discussion at all.
It's really interesting to get the insight into the different views on this thread, but come on, live and let live.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back