WAG Geddert charged with human trafficking

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does this mean he will be permanently banned from USAG? Is that what was taking the process so long?

I really hope that being charged and found guilty, of these crimes would have him banned. If not, then USAG really has a problem. I know he sold the gym, tainted place.

so much more than just human trafficking....
- 20 counts human trafficking and forced labor
- one count of First Degree Sexual Assault (this is not a 'he knew' charge, this means he himself is accused of sexual assault....he pentetrated)
- one count of Second Degree Sexual Assault
- racketerring
- lying to a police officer (in regards to Nassar investigation)

I honestly hope that being banned from USAG will be the least of his worries and that he will rot in prison for the rest of his life...

Oh I agree. Just baffling to me that he wasn't banned just based on the information that came out during Nassar's victim impact statements and the more information brought to light in the months after.

I think the human trafficking charges are probably the reason that charges were longer in coming. I imagine they wanted an airtight case and were probably making sure every “t” was crossed. I’m only sorry the victims won’t get their day in court. Hopefully his fall from grace and the knowledge he will no longer be able to hurt another gymnast will give them some comfort.

I think the human trafficking charges are probably the reason that charges were longer in coming. I imagine they wanted an airtight case and were probably making sure every “t” was crossed. I’m only sorry the victims won’t get their day in court. Hopefully his fall from grace and the knowledge he will no longer be able to hurt another gymnast will give them some comfort.
Maybe it's better this way. I hope this gives them closure, without having to revive the horrors. Just imagine the questions and attacks of Geddert's lawyer(s) if they had to testify.

I am sorry that his victims may not get the closure they were hoping for.
However, I am happy to see that the Michigan Attorney General was willing to take on the case and file human trafficking charges.
There is a lot of misinformation revolving around human trafficking. Most people think of creepers roaming the Target parking lot looking for young girls to snatch up and hold captive, crossing state lines and National borders. It’s not like that 99% of the time.
Traffickers are often someone that these kids trust and respect, someone with authority over them and rarely is the situation physically violent. I definitely see where he Could have exploited young girls using force, fraud, or coercion and flown under the radar by doing so because he was a person with power and authority.
I will also be interested to see if USAG has anything to say about this. Probably just another ‘We apologize to all those who were hurt. We are working real hard to fix things’ type of statement.

Horrifying situation all around, but for anyone who thinks amounts to closure, please know Geddert, until today, still had the support of many, many coaches and parents in Michigan.

Another abuser is gone, but the governing body that allowed it, and the cancerous attitudes that led to all this, are still very much in power and as blind and tone-deaf as ever.

Just a somber reminder this battle is far from over.

I think it is going to be a very difficult day for a lot of people today. I hope his victims are being given a lot of support in realising that they hold no guilt in what has happened, and that it is to be expected if they hold very complex feelings about this. It was Geddart who put himself in this position, not them speaking up about it.

I can’t believe authorities assumed he would hand himself in. He saw what his buddy Nasser had to go through. He should automatically have been considered a flight or suicide risk.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back