Parents General Worries - mainly a ramble

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just don't know what to expect out of this L8 Season. But then again, why am I so worried? Am I too involved? am I THAT Mom?

I think that by asking that question, you have proven to yourself that you're NOT overly involved, but rather 'cutting edge'. That's where I want to position myself. Attentative, concerned, watchful, but also hands off. That's a hard place to be without crossing over. Honestly, I'm taking lessons from you and other CB parents like you.

From everything I've seen on your DD, shes placed properly. Nobody ever said it was going to be a cake walk. Bigger challenges takes more commitment to excellence. I have ZERO concerns that Beetle will get into the groove. I forget who said it but: "Sometimes the challenge is just as rewarding as the win".

I look forward to future progress reports.

There is just somethiing about this sport... there is ALWAYS another carrot (i.e., skill or skills) just dangling out in front of our dd's (and us), causing all kinds of wory and anxiety! Sometimes I feel like this sport controls me, b/c I cannot get a hold of some of those dang worries!

Just know you are not alone...as parents, we're all stuck in the endless struggle between 'letting go' and wanting to make it 'all good' for our kids...:eek:

I think about what Beetle would be like if she were in a different gym.. some gyms that keep kids 2 or 3 years in L5 and L6 to get the 37's.. I think Beetle would have quit years ago - the challenge is what keeps her there.. I need to remember that she doesnt care if she places first, second or eleventh.. she loves to show her skills have fun and always push for the next level... I think that is a good thing too.

I think you are an awesomely supportive mom and you are just doing what us moms do, worry about our kiddos. :D

She is happy and challenged and that is what she loves. My DD is like that, she just loves doing what she does and she doesn't care what place she gets. I hope when we move we can find a gym that lets her be challenged and keep doing what she loves to do. :D

Like the quote Tim Dad said "Sometimes the challenge is just as rewarding as the win". She will eventually get all the skills she needs and do them beautiful, just in time for her to move up to the next level and start the cycle all over again. ;)

Sending her good luck vibes for Friday! And calm the nerve vibes for you! :D

But ultimately she wants to do this sport...so I help make that happen. How far she goes & what she accomplishes is up to her. And I have learned to be ok with that...no matter what, win or lose.

This is how I see my role in Abby gymnastics. I want my hubby to be you when he grows up and figures out that this is Abby's sport, not his.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back