Parents Georgia gyms?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

Billy

Anyone here from Georgia? What gyms are the best, not only for lower levels but also up through level 10 and elite? Any recommendations?

We are about 30 minutes north of Athens but we're willing to drive if we need to.

At all the meets we went to last Fall, by far the BEST team at all levels was Ultimate Gymnastics. Basically, if they were at the meet, they placed 1,2 & 3 (at a minimum) at ALL AGES at ALL Levels!! They are in Duluth and i don't know where that is compared to where you are. There are a couple of gyms in the Athens area too but I don't know their names. here is the Ultimate website: www.ultimategymnastics.org
Here is the GA website too: www.gausag.org
Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Ultimate is one of the gyms we were considering. My only potential issue with them is that their level 4 is still AAU (we're trying to get away from AAU and into USAG) and that they have Saturday practices.

In contrast, Gwinnett Gymnastics Center has USAG level 4 and they never practice on Saturdays. I don't know how their lower and mid-level teams do at meets but they have one or two girls on the Gym Dogs and they've had at least one girl on the National TOPs team for the last four years.

We're also considering Gymnastix Training Center in Buford. Again, I don't know much about their team. DD was in their rec league for about a year and we both really liked the gym. Long story on why we left but it had everything to do with the rec league and nothing to do with the team.

Any info on these gyms or anywhere else we should consider?

AAU L4 vs USAG L4

just my opinion, but I prefer the L4 AAU ub routine to the USAG routine - it is geared more toward USAG L5. Everything else in the AAU L4 is the same I believe - maybe a little different on floor. I know a little girl that very succesfully changed from AAU L4 to competing USAG L5 and is doing outstanding this season.

I think I remember a couple of meets that Gwinnett was also competing.......I think they were like the rest of us, thrilled if we got 4th place or lower.

Tucker Tucks is another good team that I remember.

We have never competed AAU so I can't say anything about it. All we know is USAG.

Gwinnett has some amazing young level 7,8 and 9 young gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back