Off Topic german exchange student!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymnastRaeRae87

i am having a german exchange student come to stay with me for about 3 weeks in february and i am so excited! she is really nice, we email all the time and she is from aurich germany! and i am going to stay with her for about 3 weeks during summer! I am so excited! ahhhh! trip of a lifetime, 3 weeks in germany with my best friends and no parents just our teacher from german class! (he has known us for 5 years!)

that's awesome!!! I hope you have so much fun! You are so lucky to get to experience this.
My friend did an exchange with someone in Switzerland last year, and i know they both loved the experience.

HAVE FUN!!!

That's awesome! Germany is such a beautiful country. I studied in Germany last semester and did gymnastics with one of the college club teams. :)

That`s awesome for sure, and you will certainly have tons of fun!! :)
I`m in Germany actually....but nowhere near Aurich..;)

That's awesome! Germany is such a beautiful country. I studied in Germany last semester and did gymnastics with one of the college club teams. :)

That`s great!!! I just had to comment on this as I know quite a bit about the Liga of course. :)
May I ask you which club you competed for?

YOu lucky girl, I lived in Heidelberg when I was 18 and I just loved Germany. Though I was way in the sounth of course. Great people, so much great history. Hope you are studying your German.

That`s great!!! I just had to comment on this as I know quite a bit about the Liga of course. :)
May I ask you which club you competed for?

I practiced with the WG München team, but I didn't compete; I got there after the main season had ended. Didn't they host the DHM this year? Do you know how they did?

I practiced with the WG München team, but I didn't compete; I got there after the main season had ended. Didn't they host the DHM this year? Do you know how they did?

Hey, thanks for letting me know. Sadly I do not know how they did - sorry....:( The WG München does not seem to compete in the German Liga......are they competing under a different name eventually??

There also is a website - in German only - where you can find all possible information on the German Liga:
Deutsche Turnliga

Hey, thanks for letting me know. Sadly I do not know how they did - sorry....:( The WG München does not seem to compete in the German Liga......are they competing under a different name eventually??

There also is a website - in German only - where you can find all possible information on the German Liga:
Deutsche Turnliga

Actually, I think it might be a uni-only league. They told me that this was their last year to contend for the team title because their best person graduated over the summer and therefore can't compete after this year. I'm pretty sure they compete as WG Muenchen though. I really don't know very much about their system, only that they competed in two levels-- one sounded like modified FIG (close to L9/10 in USAG), and the other was more like L6-7.

Oh I see - thanks so much for explaining gymkat. This explains why the team does not appear for the German Liga. They just don`t compete in it....and uni-leagues are not listed unfortunately. I`m sorry to not be able to help here.

cynical chick- why would i say that to her?

and i have been studying german for 5 years but im still afraid it wont be good enough :/ but all my german friends i talk to tell me it is so yay! hha

and i have been studying german for 5 years but im still afraid it wont be good enough :/ but all my german friends i talk to tell me it is so yay! hha
Because it's a completely random thing to say to someone. It's probably my favorite phrase in German.

Hey, I am sure you will be fine with the German you know! :) I am sure your German friends are right on!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back