WAG German gymnasts' outfits take on sexualisation in sport

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am not a fan of unitards--because of the way they fit, they are still quite revealing, and I think I'd actually feel more exposed in a unitard than in a leotard. It's the same reason I cringe at "biketards" on the tiny kids in the gym. I think teams should be required to offer every athlete options for shorts and leggings to be worn over the leotard.
leggings are usually very thick and less stretchy, I think the better option is skin-toned tights underneath the leotard

As far as I can tell leotards haven't changed, they were basically wearing the same style leotard in the 1960s. I could see the problem if they had been changed to make them sexier.
The leg cut is higher than it was in the 1960s - early 1970s

leggings are usually very thick and less stretchy, I think the better option is skin-toned tights underneath the leotard
Leggings come in all levels of thickness and stretch. It all depends on the materials used. Personally, I have leggings that can fit my friends who are much smaller than me (4-5 sizes smaller), but the same leggings also fit me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back