gets frustrated when i watch the olympics :\

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

tumblingbree

most people get really motivated when they watch the gymnasts performing at the olympics. i gets sort of upset because im never going to be as good. My Gymnastics club doesn't do elite training programs, the max amount of hours of training i am allowed to do is 9 which i do. i'm 15 so i can't move to a different club to do elite because i would be so much older than everyone. is this just me? i just needed to vent thanks for listening :)

There is are so many other great things to achieve in Gymnastics than just going to the olympics. You can find so much joy in going to training, learning new skills, entering competitions, being with your team mates and so on.

Don't compare yourself to the olympians, compare yourself to the average 15 year old, who would be amazed at the things you can do.

Yup I agree.

think how many gymnast there are in your country - then think how few actually make the team. Most that do this sport is for the love of the sport and know that going to the Olympics is probably not in the cards - but also know there is so much else that can be done!! I'm sure there are college/universities that would love to have you on their team and give you a scholarship too. Don't let the olympics be the only possible outcome.

Also don't worry about how old the rest of the folks are on the team or training with you. If you really want to try to go for the dream there is no reason you can't try

Many of the coaches on here are former gymnasts who never made it to the Olympics. They go to work every day and teach kids a sport that they love. They get to share their passion with kids who share their passion, all the while teaching those kids patience, perseverance, focus and determination. In many cases, their impact on the kids goes well outside of the gym and sticks with them throughout life.

Sure, they didn't make the Olympics, but they have a job that most working people would envy.

Sure, they didn't make the Olympics, but they have a job that most working people would envy.

Hmmm... I admire the heck out of DD's gymnastics coaches, but envy them? When they have a States/Regionals meet EVERY weekend for two months... when I'm picking my child up and heading home for the night and they're still at work, washing little-girl-sweat off the mats... when they're covered in bruises from flying feet and elbows... I'm not sure that "envy" is the right word for it. I do envy them for getting to spend more time with my kid than I do! ;)

Just think about all the other 15 year old girls that cant even do 3 push-ups! If you want to smile, make a list of all your skills, then in a few months, check and see how far you've come from those couple of months.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back