Parents Getting a job as a gymnastics coach/instructor as a teen

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

rufusgym889

Proud Parent
My daughter, currently 15, is looking for jobs over the summer (she may continue during the school year, part-time). She adores kids and works well with them, and also loves gymnastics. Are jobs at gyms offered to teenagers in this position? If not, what could be another possibility?

Is she a gymnast? If so, I would would have her speak to her own gym about this. Many gyms allow their gymnasts to volunteer when they are younger and then hire them as they get to the right age (labor laws in your area) and have more coaching experience.

Is she a gymnast? If so, I would would have her speak to her own gym about this. Many gyms allow their gymnasts to volunteer when they are younger and then hire them as they get to the right age (labor laws in your area) and have more coaching experience.
She does high school gym and wants to continue gymnastics at a club gym. We are still finding a gym that is right for her but she will probably work at the gym she competes in.

Different gyms will have different age requirements. Mine is 15. Another thing: if she joined club, her club would be more interested in hiring her. My gym is brilliant and says that athletes training there are GUARANTEED a job because if they get us to train so many hours, we don't have time for work anywhere but there, and so they give us a job.

My daughter, currently 15, is looking for jobs over the summer (she may continue during the school year, part-time). She adores kids and works well with them, and also loves gymnastics. Are jobs at gyms offered to teenagers in this position? If not, what could be another possibility?
Definitely. The younger teens are often asked to start working camps and b-day parties. Some gyms may say 15 is too young, but many gyms will hire at 15 and one I used to work for hired at 14.5 for summer work if the girls were on team.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back