WAG getting back after 4 months feels so weird! HELP

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

stickitforrealnow

Coach
Gymnast
Hi guys,

I have a problem and I hope you can help me (try to keep it short).

I am 17, started gym at age 12. I was a Level 7 at 15 and moved to 8 last year. I trained 6 days a week 3hrs at a time. I enjoyed the sport and liked the healthy lifestyle.

In August I had a really bad accident (not in the gym). I had surgery and had to lie in bed for 3 full weeks. Then I was allowed to walk around and after 5 weeks I was allowed to run on a treadmill. I have not done much else besides school.
I had a doctors appointment today and he told me I can start to train without any restrictions as of today (unless nothing hurts).
I wanted to start doing a little home workout today but it felt so weird.
Cardio is quite okay, I feel I have the energy for it but strength feels so weird. I feel so weak and flabby und unhealthy and totally not active or athletic anymore! I have actually had kind of a depression for the last weeks since summer because I was not allowed to strength train or really move.
As I said I am fine with running 10k or so, but I just have the feeling I can not feel my muscles anymore and I just feel so weak and flabby and fat it is horrible.
Since years I have not had a single day without gymnastics. Even when I was sick I went for long walks and stretched at home.

I will force myself to start conditioning and stretching and basic skills by tomorrow.

I am actually not very worried about my skills as I am doing it only for fun anyways. But I want to know how long it will take to get used to working out again? How long will it take to feel strong again? How long will my body take to get used to all the strength moves and handstands anymore?

HELP PLEASE

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back