Anon Getting fatigued in my Floor routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey everybody!

Due to covid, haven't properly cometed in gymnastics for almost 3 years! At the beggining of this year I started learning my new routines to get ready to compete!

I've had a problem on floor where I am too fatigued to go for my last tumble, I have no idea why! Floor has never been a problem for me. It has really become a problem and I'm not sure hom to overcome it.

So does anyone have any tips for me that could help? Have you ever been in a similar situation?

Thanks x

That happened to me at one point. After my dance passage just before my second pass everything would fade out and I didn't feel "in the moment" anymore, but like my body was just going based on muscle memory while I was watching from outside, which is unsafe and scary.

I'll be watching the replies because I don't have an answer. I'm not sure why that stopped happening. Maybe try doing interval running cardio, maybe take a look at your nutrition, figure out what works for you.

Maybe take a look at when that started happening and what had changed when you started feeling that to get to the root of the issue.

My daughter struggled with that. She added cardio and whenever she did dance throughs on routines, she'd run back and forth several times at the end to simulate tumbling. Also, a good solid snack/ meal has helped.

That happened to me at one point. After my dance passage just before my second pass everything would fade out and I didn't feel "in the moment" anymore, but like my body was just going based on muscle memory while I was watching from outside, which is unsafe and scary.

I'll be watching the replies because I don't have an answer. I'm not sure why that stopped happening. Maybe try doing interval running cardio, maybe take a look at your nutrition, figure out what works for you.

Maybe take a look at when that started happening and what had changed when you started feeling that to get to the root of the issue.

Thank you!

We've always done our routines, run 10 laps around the floor, and then do 30 v snaps on the mat, get back up, and do another routine. Or running cartwheels. Or just immeditaely after you end do another, just get the music straight back on. If you do something after and then take a break your cardio will build up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back