Getting impatient! Are they ever going to decided on where Nationals 2014 are going to be?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
Rarr! I am getting annoyed now! Are they ever going to pick a place and announce where USAG T&T 2014 Nationals are going to be held? Maybe I am just used to being spoiled because every other year they announced the next years location at Nationals. This year I heard it was not yet decided and would be announced by the end of July, well now it's Sept! Ugh end rant.

You're not alone. It's hard to plan when I need to bid my vacation and I can't get an answer on when and where the competitions will be held :(

Hopefully we will find out soon! I to had to bid for next years vacation and had to guess the dates. I contacted USAG and they gave me the possible dates and then emailed me the next day telling me they hadn't settled on dates and gave me additional dates.
Also, our team has been trying to come up with the 2014 budget and are guessing at possible coaches costs.

I'm a coach on the acrobatic gymnastics side and from what I've heard (it was mentioned at our nationals), nationals for T&T, Rhythmic and Acrobatic are all being combined for 2014.

The dates that are "tentative" are July 14-20 but the location is still TBD.

Surely they must have booked a location by now? It's so frustrating for those parents needing to sign up for vacation time slots and/or those wanting to use their frequent flyer miles (those book up very fast). They are already selling tickets to P&G Championships in August, and yet we still don't have confirmation of dates and locations.

From what I've heard, the deal is basically done—with the location selected and all of the paperwork/contracts delivered to USAG leadership to sign. I assumed they would announce it as soon as the T&T World Championships had concluded, as the leadership team was out of the country to attend the competition. Yet still we wait....

If this helps, someone at USAG said the T &T Nationals for levels 5-7 would be June 12-15 and Nationals for levels 8-Elite will either be July 15-20 or 21-27. It sure will make a difference in the team budget if you have to send coaches to two separate events.

So excited as I will be able to make it to Louisville!! I'm very excited to see the acrobatic gymnastics as well!!

Eh I grew up in Montana. I have seen plenty of horses. I was hoping to either spend a lot less money and have it here in FL! Or have it somewhere totally fun. No offence intended but KY? Really? Fried chickens? Really? I can go to the grocery store here and get fried chicken...Boring.

Kentucky is not about fried chicken. I have fried chicken once maybe every other year. And KFC is not very popular at least around where I live. But Kentucky is somewhat boring though Louisville has a lot to offer, no horses unless you drive out of the city though.......

USTA Nationals is also being held in Louisville next summer. It was held there in the past and we had a great time. Our hotel was within walking distance of Six Flags and the competition venue and the girls loved the horse-drawn ride along the riverfront. We are looking forward to going in June!

Our national championship (for acrobatic gymnastics) was in Louisville last year—at the same venue even. I didn't have much free time since we were at the training center with athletes in nearly every rotation, but downtown Louisville had some fun things to do. The convention center is close to 4th street, which has a lot of restaurants and live music most nights. They have a charming arts district a few minutes from downtown and there's always the more "touristy" attractions such as Churchill Downs, the Jack Daniels Distillery and the Louisville Slugger Factory, all of which have tours.

We stayed at a hotel within walking distance of the convention center—it made it very convenient to go back and forth from the competition—which I highly recommend because parking downtown is a nightmare and expensive.

Our national championship (for acrobatic gymnastics) was in Louisville last year—at the same venue even. I didn't have much free time since we were at the training center with athletes in nearly every rotation, but downtown Louisville had some fun things to do. The convention center is close to 4th street, which has a lot of restaurants and live music most nights. They have a charming arts district a few minutes from downtown and there's always the more "touristy" attractions such as Churchill Downs, the Jack Daniels Distillery and the Louisville Slugger Factory, all of which have tours.

We stayed at a hotel within walking distance of the convention center—it made it very convenient to go back and forth from the competition—which I highly recommend because parking downtown is a nightmare and expensive.

everyone should see these 2 places if they get the chance. simply amazing. :)

June is not all that far away when you consider all the planning that need to go in to Nationals....so is USA Gymnastics EVER going to announce where level 5-7 Nationals will be held???? Anyone know anything?

It would be nice for them to post the location of the Elite Challenge. We usually have our team budget done by October, so parents have time to pay their dues before the first meet. If we knew the location we could budget our coaches cost and get the budget finalized. Not really fair to the parents to commit to a season when you can't give them the big picture.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back