WAG Getting New Grips - Brand??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
I've read several threads on this topic but wanted to get an opinion in my situation.

First some background - I'm 20 years old, and compete xcel gold. I'm on the rec. team at my gym and only train 1 hr 45 min. 2-3 times a week. (Plus maybe open gym sometimes) So I'm not a high level gymnast and I don't do huge skills (Right now: Kips, Uprise, free-hip, long hang pull-over etcc..)
I have a pair of Reisport grips. I've had them for about a year (Though I didn't use them that entire time.) and just in November I peeled from the high bar fracturing and spraining my elbow.
I was looking at my other teammates grips and I think my grips are way to long. I realize they stretched a little but I also got them as another gym and they told me which size and I think they sized wrong. If I put the velcro around my wrist and stretch the leather out straight, the dowel hits ABOVE my middle finger tip!

So anyway, I'm in the market to buy new grips. Options: Ten.0, Reisport, US Glove or Ginnasta. I'm wondering which would be best for someone like me who doesn't train many hours a week. I'm leaning toward US Glove just because I've heard a lot of good things about them. So what is the difference between US Glove and Ginnasta since they are made by the same company? Which would be better for me? Also, is velcro okay or should I switch to double buckle??

Thanks in advance!

my DD has Ginnasta grips and absolutely loves them. They break in very quickly and have not stretched out. The customer service from them is also excellent! She has the velcro this time. Her first pair were double buckle but she prefers the velcro now. She has not had any issue with the velcro becoming less velcroy? (sp). I have never noticed her re-adjusting them either.

Thanks so much for the reply!! I honestly wasn't sure if the Ginnasta were geared toward younger girls/lighter weights. I just didn't know the difference between them and US Glove. I was also wondering it seems on every other brand the buckle are more expensive than the velcro but it's the opposite on Ginnasta.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back