Parents Getting to know each other thread...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

1. How many kids do you have? How old? What grade?
Three children, 13-8th grade, 11-6th grade, 9-4th grade.
2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics?
My only gymnast is the 11 year old - 4 1/2 years
3. What level is your gymnast(s)?
Level 8 last year, working towards level 9 this year.
4. Do you work? How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so?

5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics?
6. Tell us about YOU!

Three children, 13-8th grade, 11-6th grade, 9-4th grade - all home schooled.
My only gymnast is the 11 year old - 4 1/2 years
Level 8 last year, working towards level 9 this year.
Yes, but most of my work is done from home, so I have a lot of flexibiltiy. My husband also helps out with pick-ups, when I need him to :D
I love the excitement and confidence that my gymnastics brings out in my daughter, I really don't like the competitive nature of some parents, and how that translates to their children. And like many others... the cost :)
6. Tell us about YOU!
I love being a mom, what an incredible responsibility and joy it is!! We work hard and we play hard!

I have 3 kids 2 boys ages 18 and 5 years (yeah one going into college and 1 going into Kindergarten....and yes I am NUTS!!) then 1 girl age 9...shes the gymnast. My oldest is a singer/actor going to college for Musical Theater. He really is awesome!!! My youngest has not discovered yet what he likes!

She took a preschool class then we stopped because of financial reasons but she went back when she was almost 8. Has been on the team for 1 season.

She is a Level 4 hoping to make it to level 5 by the end of the summer

I work part-time so I don't have to juggle to much. I just hope the hours don't change tooo much

I have always loved gymnastics and the only thing I wish is that it were more recognized like football or basketball and that there were more opportunities for girls that may only be GREAT on certain events. Sort of like a lineman in football would probably SUCK at being a quaterback but in gymnastics you really have to be pretty darn good at all events to make it anywhere.

6. Tell us about YOU!
I am just a mom and a cheerleader for my kids! And I like it that way!!

1 kiddo, 6.5, 1st grade

Took a mommy and me class at 2, then 3 years of dance, started in the gym in January of 08 so 1.5 years.

Level 3

I work, wife does not work.

I have always been fascinated by gymnastics and watched it any time it was on pretty much my whole life. In high school I was a student athletic trainer and I traveled with our gymnastics team. Since my kiddo has gotten into it I have just immersed myself and love every second of it. My dislike would be THOSE parents, if you catch my meaning. I have coached ice hockey for years and THOSE parents just grate on my nerves.

6. Tell us about YOU!
Not much to tell. I love my girls (dd and dw) and enjoy them as much as I can. I love the fact that my dd has found gymnastics and loves it so much.

HI ! i' m Julie mother of 4 kids. Claudie 11, Sebastien 8, divorce with husband and now very happy with another man and have Megan 4 and Maxim 2.

DD of 11 is a gymnast level 7. Begin to train in gymnastics at age 7.

DD of 4 was recrute in pré-defi (kind of young elite training) try, but stop this summer because she said it was to hard and didn't have fun. She still love gymnastics and want to do it but in the recreational, and that's ok for me !

I work full time as a nurse.

I need a really good organization... boys doing sports to !

I love gymnastics but i'm so scared that my oldest pass through her childhood. She is always telling my that she's happy and she will let me know if she want to stop.

I like chalbucket because i feal like i'm not alone ! I it practice my english !!!:D

I have two daughters, one 15 and one 17 going in to their sophmore and senior years of high school. That just reminded me of the inevitable crisis thats coming at the end of this year when she goes off to college :(

My youngest has been in gymnastics for 10 years.

Level 10.

I am a stay at home mom.

I love the discipline (especially time management), self-reliance, and determination of gymnasts. I never competed myself but I see the qualities it has instilled upon my daughter that will serve her throughout her life.

6. Tell us about YOU!
My life revolves around my family-but I wouldn't have it any other way! I feel blessed that I get to spend so much time around my family each and everyday.

7 children

Ages 13yog, 12yog, 10yog (gymnast), 8yob (gymnast), 7yob (will start gym in fall), 5yob, 3yog

Grades (in fall) 9, 7, 5, 4, 2, K, pre

Naomi started level 1 three years ago, and Joseph started boys beginner just over a year ago.

Naomi is training to skip level 6 and hopefully compete 7 this year. Joseph will be competing level 5 this year.

Very hard, but not outside the home. lol!

I love the beauty of the sport and the confidence my children have gained. I dislike some of the drama, but I know you would find that wherever you find people.

6. Tell us about YOU!
I homeschool all of my children (that came first, not gymnastics). Gymnastics never even occurred to me until I saw Naomi tumbling around in the back yard. One day, I took all the kids outside and was teaching them how to do a cartwheel, a backbend (I didn't know it was a bridge) and how to gain flexibility. Naomi looked amazing from the beginning, so I decided she MUST try gymnastics. And so begins our story!

Hi, I have 3 girls, 20, 16 and 12. My oldest did cheerleading which is what got my youngest interested. Middle one was more of a karate kid(and soccer).
My 12 year old started out tumbling and dong competition cheerleading, then decided to try artistic at age 11. She won state AA at level 4 last year and is doing the usa prep silver this year hoping to score out and be level 7 next season.
I am a working mom. The worst part for me until recently was scrambling home from work to make it to gym on time but we have moved recently and our new gym is 10 mins away which is AWESOME! Now I drop her off and go home to do other stuff and don't have to hang around to kill time in a different town. I 'm worried about getting spoiled though! It's nice too that I don't see every practice so I can really notice when she has a new skill down.
I have always enjoyed watching gymnastics as a sport and it's great watching my own child! I try not to find negative things even though there are always pros and cons with anything. The thing I worry about the most is injuries. So far we have been blessed and the worst thing suffered has been sore muscles!

I have one dd - 9 going into 4th grade

My dd has been doing gymnastics for three years

DD is going to compete level 6 this year, but she is missing her flyaway and has lost her back tuck (hopefully she can resolve this before competition)

I work fulltime as does my husband. Grandma lives near by and helps out. My dd also does competitive dance company, so she is busy all the time.

I did gymnastics as a child. I think its a great sport and helps develop lots of skills - grace, balance, confidence, strength...etc.

I am a parent of two - my dd and I have a son who is going to be 14 this fall and starting high school!

Last edited:
I have two kids - my dd is the gymnast and she is 9 turning 10 in a couple of months and will be in fourth grade. My son is almost fourteen and will be a freshman in high-school.

My daughter is going to be a level 6 this year. She has been doing gymnastics for 3 and 1/2 years. She also is on the competitive dance company at a different school.

I work full time so Grandma helps out alot.

I love gymnastics - I did gymnastics as a kid and I think it teaches children alot - grace, flexibility, poise, strength...etc.

Last edited:
I have 3 kids, Isabella is 7 and going into 2nd grade. Sophia and Ryan are 5 and doing their first year of kindergarten:(:p
Bella has been doing it since she was 3, Sophia the same.
Isabella will compete level 7, and Sophia is on the pre-team
I mostly volunteer, my husband is a dentist.
I love how much my children love it and it keeps them happy, I dislike all the pressure to have on a young gymnast.
6. Tell us about YOU!
My kids keep me busy, I love to read and cook and be here on the Chalkbucket!

Hi everyone!

I had joined here a while ago but havent been around in a long time..life has been busy :) I hmay have even posted in this thread before but can't remember :blush: so I guess I will do it again

I have 3 children, Abigail who is 7 and about to enter 2nd grade. And Madelynn and Gavin who are my 20 month old twins :)

Abbey started in a recreational program when she was 2. She just turned 7 and is now a pre-team working 4

oops see above :) shes working on level 4 skills, our gym does not compete until level 4

I am a stay at home mom, so yes I work 24/7/365 :) In my former life I was a teacher.

I have loved the sport as a spectator since I was little. I love that it has given my daughter self confidence, a good work ethic and a lot of friends! I dont like that it is kinda costing us a small fortune lol!

6. Tell us about YOU!
Not much to tell that I havent said already...I am 38, married to my college sweetie since 95. Right now life is all about my kids...being Abbeys taxi service and chasing after 2 very active twin toddlers (often called the twinado :) )

I have 6 kids. 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14 They are K-4, 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th. (We had 4 biological kids and then adopted our 2 nieces, so we did not plan this neat and tidy age span. In Nov, my son will throw it off, by turning 7)
My 10 year old gymnast has been in gymnastics since she was 6 1/2. She started on team at age 9.
competing Level 4 1st time this year
I work REALLY hard; I just don't get paid for it. :) The rewards comes in helping my kids reach their greatest potential.
I love the confidence and life lessons my daughter is learning in reaching for her dreams. I hate the cost, long hours and stress on the family.
6. Tell us about YOU!
My favorite place is the beach, I have the best husband in the world, I couldn't live life without my complete faith in God that sees me through anything this crazy world throws my way. I spend way to much time on Chalkbucket!

1. How many kids do you have? 1 dd, 9 years old, 4th grade
2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics? since she could flip out of her crib
3. What level is your gymnast(s)? L5
4. Do you work? Yes I do work, and thankfully enough it is at the gym.
5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics? I love watching my dd improve and do skills that she isnt supposed to be doing, but I dont like watching her pretend not to be able to do a skill just to get attention.

Introduction to me

1. How many kids do you have? How old? What grade? I have 2 girls. M is 10. L is 6. M is in fifth grade and L is in kindergarten.

2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics? M started in preschool, took a year off, picked it up again in kindy. Has been on team since 2nd grade. L started at 18 mos. Sweet talked her way on to team in preschool. Started working out with the team girls and begged to be on team. We figured she wouldn't have the skills to compete last year. She picked up the level one skills very quickly. Competed in MS, AL, LA. She usually one first place all around. In kindy, she is a level 2 gymnast.

3. What level is your gymnast(s)? M is a level 3(coach had surgery last season-out most of the year, girls did not have consistant training, we tried level 4-were outscored by girls in second year of level 4 and scoring 9.8's etc-we opted to let her repeat 3 and train on 4 for the fall season) Coach is back and has made major changes at the gym and the team girls are regaining ground lost last year. Yes, it is a small gym. Only 6 girls are level 2 and up. L is a level 2 gymnast.
4. Do you work? How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so? I am a teacher. My hours work well with this. hubby works for gvt. I take the girls to and from gym. I get exhuasted. I stay with the girls while they practice and read books etc. The gym is about 20 minutes away. Easier to sit and wait then do all that driving.
5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics? I love sport as a whole-fun to watch. Love watching my girls learn new skills. Love that they are learning lessons that will help them later in life. Love the positive role models that their coaches are. Love that they are in great shape. What I don't like is some of evil sides of judging that we have seen competeting in our home state. I don't like that. It seems very rigged. I love traveling to meets with the girls. So much fun!!! I tell the girls no matter what place you are in, smile and be proud of what you did. :) It may not be perfect, but learn from it and grow.
6. Tell us about YOU!
I am M and L's mom. I have a wonderful hubby. We love to have fun together. We are photographers. We love to take pics as a family. The girls are learning to see the beauty in an image. They are seeing the "art" in it.
I love to read. :)

I have one daughter. She is 10yrs old and in the 4th grade.
She took gymnastics for two years when she was little and then quit to try other sports. She decided last year that she had to be back in gymnastics, so she worked hard to start at L4.
She is competing L5 this season.
I am a Materials Manager for a local manufacturing company. Since I am a single mom, it is very hard to juggle both my job and gymnastics. Luckily, my daughter has some great grandmothers that can help out when I really need them.
I love how happy my daughter is with gymnastics. I also am so glad that it keeps her in shape. I dislike all the pressure it can put on a young gymnasts.
6. Tell us about YOU!
Being a single mom, most of my time is spent at work or with my daughter. I do try and make time to go to SC football games with my family. :)

Getting To Know You

Hi everyone!
Here goes:
DD 17 Varsity Cheerleader/former competitive dancer and gymnast
DD 16 Cheerleader and Captain of the sqaud/former competitive dancer and gymnast
DS 11 ALL BOY Diving for one year and now ranked number 4 in the country!! He was too daring for the trampoline tumbling class at our local gym at 4 years old so I let him use our backyard trampoline until this year. We found him a good diving coach and put him on the board because he outgrew our backyard trampoline. He also plays soccer and basketball recreationally.
DS 8 Trys whatever sport is in season which right now is wrestling and BB
DD 4 Level 3 Langely has been doing gymnastics for 2 years now and does it everywhere. The plan is for her to compete level 3 next season when she turns 5. She seems to love it and doesn't seem to realize that she is always flipping. She also plays soccer and does a rec dance class.

I like the fact that gymnastics makes my 4 year old happy. It seems to be a part of her.
I worry about the pressure the gymnasts seem to be under at our gym. We have had several gold medal olympians and it is definately something you feel at our gym. My daughter has talent so they say but I am not sure I am crazy about it being recognized at a young age. I think some of the kids like her get burned out and the love of the sport is left behind.

I have a degree in Laser and Electro-Optics but I stay home right now with my kids. I love skiing, repelling, canyoneering, white water rafting, boogie boarding, and volleyball. My husband is an engineer and he works in research and development. I don't really know how my kids get to all of their activities but somehow they do. My focus this year is getting my daughter into college and getting her an academic scholarship. Wish us luck!
Teresa

1. I have 3 kids: DD - 9, 4th grade, L3, DD -7, 1st grade, L3? (try out on tues), DD - 6, Kinder, L2

2. They all started gymnastics 2 1/2 years ago

3. The older 2 are L3 and the youngest is L2

4. My husband and I are both Active Duty military. My dad lives near us and is our "nanny" There is no way we could do gymnastics without my dad. Luckily for now, all 3 practice the same time.

5. I love how much my girls love gymnastics. They practice all the time at home, love going to the gym, beg to go to open gym, etc. showing me they have a love of the sport. So far we have been blessed with coaches who know how to demand much, while still be caring. I have a feeling that the demands of this sport are going to take a toll on the girls with homework, etc, and it gets very expensive with 3. Also, being a military family, it is going to be difficult finding a new gym every few years. I also dislike that some of the girls on my daughter's team are only there because their moms are making them. I can tell they are miserable, and their behavior distracts the coach.

6. I grew up in a small town that only offered tumbling, but always loved watching gymnastics. I am very excited that my girls love it. I am trying to learn all I can about the support as well as being supportive without being pushy. I love reading, camping, and we are very active in our church.

DS1 - 8 Grade 3 ; DD1 - 9 Grade 4; DD2 - 11 Grade 5; DD3 - 14 Grade 8

DD2 quit after 5 years, DS1 did a rec class for a year, DD1 for 1.5 years, DD3 1 year

DD1 Competing prep-opt R1 - training level 4 -- DD3 Rec Tramp and Tumbling

Yes - work from home software development. Wife is in real estate so between us we have flexible schedules to do the gymn thing.

Gymnastics is very addicting not only for the kids but the parents as well.

6. Tell us about YOU!
See my Intro on the main Intro board...

1. How many kids do you have? How old? What grade? 4 daughters 10, 8, 4 and 2
2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics? My oldest began at 3 1/2, the rest started at 2 1/2
3. What level is your gymnast(s)? L8, L5, advanced kinder and mom and tot :)
4. Do you work? How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so? I am a SAHM and I also homeschool my girls.
5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics? I love watching my girls enjoy an activity that they are good at and have fun doing!
6. Tell us about YOU! Me? No one ever asks about me--LOL~!!! I love being a mom and wife and I feel truly blessed to have my wonderful family :) I also love to read, cook, scrapbook, knit, crochet and dance (of course I never have time for any of it because we live at the gym-lol!!!!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back