Parents Getting to know each other thread...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mariposa

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Anyone interested in a get to you each other thread?

1. How many kids do you have? How old? What grade?
2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics?
3. What level is your gymnast(s)?
4. Do you work? How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so?
5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics?
6. Tell us about YOU!

Feel free to add any info that I didn't include. I am not good at making up quizzes. :D

I have 2 gymnasts my dd who is 7 and a level 2-she was a level 4 and went back when we moved to florida from new york. My ds is 5 rec gym.
I am a single motherwho works fulltime. I have some help getting my dd to the gym with a coach from the gym.
My dd has been a gymnast for 4 and half years.
I love watching my dd do gymnastics.
Right now my ds is taking a break from the gym except for open gym. He my look for other activities.

1. How many kids do you have? 2 girls
How old? 5 and 7 What grade? Kindy and 2nd
2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics? 5 yr old for 4 years now(she is almost 6 1/13) 7 yr old 4 1/2 years now
3. What level is your gymnast(s)? both are PreTeam (thinking equiv to a level3)
4. Do you work?no they keep me too busy!they are also in dance and girlscouts and soccer in the summer!!

5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics? I love the smile on there faces when they get something! and seeing them be on team now they seem to enjoy it even more!! I just think its such a gorgeous sport!!
6. Tell us about YOU!
I love being a mom to 2 wonderful girls they keep me busy
and I love to read and play on the puter!! I am going to back to scrappin on here!!
I used to be in to Digi scrapbooking and I do Traditional as well!!

1 girl, Chloe, age 16 and a sophomore. She has been in gym for 11 years (since age 5). She is a level 10. I work full time as a mental health counselor. I love watching the skills, espcially in optional. I love bars most. I dislike parents who complain about the coaching with other parents but never talk to the coach until they blow a gasket. I am so proud of my daughter who is hoping to get a gymnastics scholarship.

1. How many kids do you have? How old? What grade? I have 2 gymnasts. Chelsea is 11 and in 5th grade and Morgan is 5.. she'll be in Kindergarten next year. She just turned 5 in October so she couldn't go this year

2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics? Chelsea started when she was 4 but quit at 5 1/2... she restarted when she was 7 (May 2004) and has been going ever since. Morgan started right before her 3rd Birthday.. so almost 2 1/2 yrs.

3. What level is your gymnast(s)? Chesea is a 2nd yr L4 and Morgan is in level 3 but the work alot of L4 skills

4. Do you work? How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so? I don't right now. I've thought about getting a P/T job but just while Chelsea's at school so it wouldn't interfere with getting them to gymnastics.

5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics? I love everything about gymnastics.. especially watching my girls get new skills.. they are SO proud of themselves and I love it!! There isn't really anything I hate about gymnastics except the COST LOL

6. Tell us about YOU! Not much to say about me lol like Monkeygirlsmom..(sorry don't know your name yet lol) I love to digital scrapbook.. and shop hehe

1. How many kids do you have? two kids How old? 7 and 11 What grade? 2nd and 5th (Yikes middle school is coming!!) Also Dog, Cocoa, a Boxer is 5, Cat, a Bengal, is 1 &1/2, Two Chinchillas, Enchillada (5months) and SpongeBob (3 months) and 4 fish (no clue).

2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics? almost two years for both.

3. What level is your gymnast(s)? DD who is 7 is preteam L3 working on L4 skills. did two meets in Nov and did well. second meet was 33 AA. She has a meet in Jan, 1 in Feb, 1 in March and 1 in May. Coach says she will likely do L4 in the last meet. DS who is 11 is pretty much just Rec they do not have a boys team. He loves it and wants to compete but I am not sure how realistic it is for him. After 2 yrs his legs are still bent on his cartwheel & RO!!! But he loves it and that is all that matters to me.

4. Do you work? yes, FT. How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so? luckily I can work from home a lot so I try to start @ 7:45 instead of 8:30 and finish @ 3:00 instead of 5 (since I don't need a real lunch break when I work from home) then I just take my cell and check VM and return calls from the gym. If I am really swamped I take my laptop and work at the gym. My husband has his own business so if I can't work from home on a day they have class he can take them.

50. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics? Everything. I did Rec gymnastics for years as a kid (2 hrs every saturday. watching the girls now I was about a level 5). I love that it is team and individual,

6. Tell us about YOU!
Love to scrapbook, but don't have enough time to do it as much as I want. Spending time w/ kids and friends. Need to drop the 20 lbs I gained since moving to NC!! Also enjoy reading - again not much time to do it.

Feel free to add any info that I didn't include. I am not good at making up quizzes. :D

--- 2 girls, junior in hs & a senior in college

--- youngest started at 4, oldest tried rec a time or two many moons ago

--- L8

--- Work from home in the IT industry...which helps a ton. I started coaching L3-L4 girls about 8 months ago. M-W-F-S for Steph...Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday for me...we could save money and just live at the gym ;)

--- The infectious energy in the gym. Heartbreaking sometimes to see the frustration in obtaining (or losing!) a skill, but all inspiring to witness the tireless dedication. Road trips are always a lot of fun...I won't miss writing checks one day ;)

6. Tell us about YOU!
-- Single pop for 14 years now. My oldest daughter just got engaged...one down, one to go! :)

1. How many kids do you have? How old? What grade? I have 2 girls C, 12 second year level 6, She is in grade 7 at a private school, she has been in gymnastics since she was 2, and C2, grade 4, age 9, does Level 2 Rec and plays baskeball and softball. Both girls are involved in a dance program too, C does ballet, she starts pointe this month, and C2 does Hip-Hop, and both girls are Girl Scouts

2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics?see above

3. What level is your gymnast(s)?see above

4. Do you work? How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so?I work full time+ as a retail manager. I am a single Mom and I am lucky that my home, work, school and gym are all within 5 minutes of each other. I am blessed with help from other Mom's who understand my situtation, and help out when work just won't allow. I call it the beauty of small town living, and don't know how those of you that have to drive long distances to your gym can do it!

5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics? As a fan I was always in love with the beauty of the sport, I grew up watching the Nadia's and Mary Lou's come on the scene. As a parent I love the confidence and self-esteem that the sport builds in our girls/boys. Dislikes- Not much, but would be lying if I didn't say I wish the costs were lower.

6. Tell us about YOU! As you can guess from the above, I don't have as much time for myself as I would like. I love to scrapbook, but buy more supplies than I ever have time to scrap, I always say next week I'll make time. I am very involved in my church/school too. I love to cook and pride myself on making homecooked meals even though the girls are always on the move. I am blessed with a small group of very close friends and I thank God daily for the ability to allow my girls to follow their dreams.

3 kids:
son - grade 10
DD - Grade 6
DD - Grade 3

DD1 - 8 years
DD2- 4 years

DD1 - level6/7 - Canadian P2 - Was supposed to go P3 but was injured
DD2 - level 4 - Canadian level CR3 or P2

Office manager of dental practice, work at home, use internet and phone. I can shuffle my hours easily.

Hate the new FIG scoring system and how it has put extreme skills above artistry. It is called WAG for a reason. Love what it gives my girls, they have great friends, they have also learned to be goal driven and self confident. Shame it takes up so much time and gas!!

6. Tell us about YOU!

Used to do gym in the UK, coached for a while at the rec level. Been in Canada for 18 years, love the snow and the sun, we get both. All our gym is in French, great way to learn the language hanging out with the other gym parents at meets.

I have 5 kids: ds 8 in 2nd grade, dd 6 1st grade, dd 3, ds & dd 21 mos.

My 6 year old started 3 years ago when she was 4. My 3 year old just started gym in the fall
My dd is in an invite class that basically works the same skills as the preteam but without the perks ( no meet and they have to ry out for the team. The preteam gets to avoikd the tryouts.)

4. Do you work? How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so? I don't work. I think I would suffer a nervous break down with my busy schedule if I had to work now. When the kids are in school I will need to go back to work part time.

I love everything about gymnastics except the cost and the politics that is sometimes involved.

6. Tell us about YOU! I am anxious for my kids to get a little older. I am so burned out of the baby stages. I am also busy with a remodeling house project,

1. How many kids do you have? How old? What grade? I have 2 girls. A is almost exactly 5 1/2 years old and M will be 2 in February. We homeschool and A is doing kindergarten this year. So far, so good. We have a 12 year old cat and 2 fish.

2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics? She started right when she turned 4 years old. She had been in ballet and didn't really like it, she was always doing headstands, splits, etc, so I decided to let her try gymnastics. Ha ha ha.

3. What level is your gymnast(s)? She is in a developmental class working on L4 skills and her coach says she wants to move her to team in March. (way too soon for this mama, LOL)

4. Do you work? How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so? I am an RN, but I don't work right now. I would love to work one night a week, because I love being a nurse, but right now it won't work for our family. My DH works a lot so I can be home, homeschool, etc, and since I work nights, there would be a gap between when he has to leave and I have to go. Plus, neither of the girls want me to work right now. :D Especially the oldest.

5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics? I have always loved to watch gymnastics. I think it is a beautiful sport. I dislike it only because my daughter is involved in it and I am afraid she will get hurt. :( I support her 100% though and love to watch her progress. I am trying to learn as much as I can about the sport so I can work through my anxieties about it. Though sometimes I think, ignorance is bliss. :D

6. Tell us about YOU! I love being a SAHM and am totally enjoying our first year homeschooling. I doddle in web design (am the webmaster for our homeschool support group) and love the internet. So much info and support, right at your fingertips. I also love taking pictures of my girls. I play flute and enjoy playing when the girls will let me. I also love to read. Most mystery, crime drama and medical thrillers.

I have 5 kids:) The are Alex 14(8th grade) Jan 2nd, 1994, Ashley 12(7th grade)March 15th, 1995, Austin 9(4th grade)April 21st, 1998, Emily 8(3rd Grade) Aug 15th, 1999, and Madison 5(kindergarten) June 3rd, 2002

Emily has been doing it since her 5th birthday so 3.4 years. Madi just started officially in June right after her 5th birthday.

3. What level is your gymnast(s)? Emily is a 2nd year level 4 and has all her level 5 skills as well.
Madi is on the first level miniteam which I think is a 2/3 right now.

No I do not work right now but I am going to school to start working as a dental assistant this summer. I graduate in May.

I love it all. I used to compete in High School gymnastics from grade 7-12. I went to state in the uneven bars. I went to school in Minnesota which has very very competitive high school gymnastics.

6. Tell us about YOU!
I am 37, Mom of 5:) I have 2 dogs Charley(French Mastiff) and Kacie (Cocker Spaniel) Both dogs are girls and we have one girl cat(Jasmine). I work out all the time to stay as fit as I can so I guess gymnastics really taught me good work out ethics:) I am proud of that. I would love to coach but unsure I would be a good one. I definitely couldn't coach my daughter though as she get really whiny and babyish if I am on the gym floor area with her. She needs tough direct coaches for her. Well that is basically it:)

Last edited:
I'm game:

1. How many kids do you have? 2 How old? My son will be 10 this Monday and my daughter is 6. What grade? My son is in 4th grade, dd is in 1st.

2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics? My son tried gymnastics for a summer but gave it up. He enrolled in karate instead and now has his blue belt. My dd has been involved in gymnastics for almost 4 years. She started out in a Kindergym class.

3. What level is your gymnast(s)? She's a 1st year Level 4

4. Do you work? Yes. I work full time, 8:30am-5:00 PM , M-F. How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so? Luckily I've been at the same place for almost 22 years. I get 4 weeks vacation, some personal time, holidays and sick time. They allow me pretty much flexibility when it comes to my family. Luckily my mother and my sisters are local and they help out a lot. My dh is a seasonal worker and has off from December to March so he does pick up and drop off duty during that time (most of it, anyway)

5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics? I love the grace, beauty and strength of gymnastics and how it all works together. You can't get that in any other sport (IMO!). I don't like to see the injuries but I know they happen. I don't like some of the gym politics but I guess that's to be expected. Not too happy about the expenses either but we can live with it! :rolleyes:

6. Tell us about YOU! I'm 43, married to dh for 12 years. We live in a rural area of north eastern PA. I have always been a huge fan of gymnastics, ever since Junior High school. I can remember Nadia at the Olympics, Mary Lou, etc. Used to sit in the stands at our high-school meets and cheer on my friends. I enjoy singing with my Sweet Adeline chorus, 4-part harmony, a-capella style. When I have time I also like to scrapbook or read.

That's it about me. :)

1. How many kids do you have?3 How old? twin boys that are 11 and dd 10 What grade? 5th and 4th
2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics? dd has been in 4 yrs
3. What level is your gymnast(s)? 4/5
4. Do you work? yes How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so? I work 5:30am- 2 pm 4-5 days a week,so I can take dd after school and I work every other weekend if she has a meet I have to find someone to ork for me or switch weekends
5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics? how it helps with confidence , nothing
6. Tell us about YOU! I am 37 and have been married 12 yrs, live in SDakota, I am short, fat, and frumpy:p

Last edited:
I am new to this site. I have 2 daughters 7 and 12. My youngest has been in gymnastics for 4 years this is her first year as a level 4. My oldest tried it but it was not her thing. We attend a small gym around 35 on the team and everybody is friendly. My daughter who is the gymnast is very active and gymnastics seems to be a good sport for her. I work full time 3 -12 hour nights so I am able to take her to her practices for the most part. This year I was lucky that I was able skip working weekends so meets are not a problem. I always admired gymnasts and liked to watch them although I could never do it. What I don't care for is the cost, the possibility of injury and traveling far to meets. I do not have much spare time but I like to read,workout at the gym and cross-stitch.:)

DS is 11 and DD is 6. Grades 6 and 1.

DD has been in gym for 1 yr 4 mos. DS has been in martial arts since he was 5.

She is L4, will have her first competitions next month. It's spring season here so they don't count toward qualifying to states etc, but will be great experience. Coach says she should most likely score well enough to be able to compete L5 during the regular season which starts in Sept. We'll see, one thing at a time. ;)

I'm a SAHM, I do some admin work for my husband but am blessed to be able to take her to gym and to watch at least part of each practice.

I love watching gymnastics, it's beautiful and amazing. I could never even do a cartwheel to save my life! So seeing DD's talent and love for it is very cool. Of course, no one likes the bills. I do like the ability to be part of a team and also compete individually. It also teaches them the value of hard work and perserverence.

6. Tell us about YOU!
I'm 40, married 15 yrs. 2 kids, 2 dogs. We live in So. CA. I taught piano for many yrs untill my kids started school. I sing on my church's worship team and lead women's Bible study.

1. How many kids do you have?1 How old? 7 What grade? 2nd
2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics? 4 did mommy & me class for short time then quit and went back and did preschool,rec1-4 then moved to team 2 a little over a year ago.she has always been very strong and lot of energy .She tried dance at 3 and again at 5 but it was boring to her
3. What level is your gymnast(s)?just moved up l4
4. Do you work?yes ,luckily I have good job work 4dys 32 hrs week get pd for 40hrs. How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so? I work 7-3 so I am able to pick up my dd from school do homework eat supper go to gym.I do have to work on sat. but I have someone at work that will switch with me when my dd has something going on
5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics?I have always loved gymnastics its a beautiful and powerful sport I grew up in a small town that did not offer it.but it is a very demanding full time sport.
6. Tell us about YOU! I am a single mom,right now between work gymnastics,brownies and horse riding lessons does not leave much time for me .That is my new years resoultion make time for myself (when I can)

3 girls 10,12 and 14

10 year old does gym

level 7 second year

other girls play soccer,basketball,volleyball,play guitare and flute

I'm a Rn,work full time nights.My husband is stay at home dad,takes care of running the kids around

I like when my daughter s face lights up when she gets a skill.Do not like the time she is away from home and of course it is very expensive

We have 2 little dogs,some goldfish and a chinese waterdragon

We like gardening alot

3 girls. almost 11, 9 and 7. Grades, 5,4 and 2
She just hit the 2 year mark this month!
Level 5

Terrific car pool, and a great gym that doesn't train the girls to death!
It's a beautiful sport and it makes my daughter happy.
6. Tell us about YOU!
Single mom of 3 great kids, currently unemployed because I just finished cancer treatment.

Let's see....

I am blessed with three beautiful, fantastic, loving children.. My oldest son is 14 (15 very soon) - 9th grade, My youngest & tallest son 13 (geez he is already 5'9" lol) - 7th grade, and youngest, our darling daughter & gymnast, is 6 yrs old and in kindy.

The boys used to do T&T for fun and were both on a pre-team for a short time. They both started (and ended) last year. DD started gym in a mommy & me class when she was about a year and a half.

She is a L5, also training L6 skills. She won't compete until Nov, where the current plan is one meet at L5 and finish the season as a L6.

yes, I work at home & I can work online so I can take my laptop to the gym if I choose to.

What I love about dd's gymnastics is the joy that it gives her and how much it brings out in her, She is very shy, but not on the gym floor. I also enjoy elite gymnastics though, the artistry, the complexity, I think its beautiful - I am amazed by it. What I dislike about dd's gymnastics are the hours involved. Which is why I rearranged my schedule so I can stay most of the time. They grow up too fast and if you blink you do miss it :p

6. Tell us about YOU!

Not too much to tell. I, like others, am a busy, busy mom that juggles work, school, sports and geez does there have to be a b-day party EVERY week? lol. But I enjoy each & every second of watching my babies grow up. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back