Parents Gift for coach?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gympoppop

Proud Parent
I was wondering if it is customary to give a gift to the coach at the end of the year around the state meet? If so any good ideas?

Thanks!

Well, sure! I've given my coach gifts before! Nothing too expensive, off course. There are some great gymnastics coach gift ideas online. I got mine a really pretty water bottle and massage gun. I highly reccomend stretching equipment or massage tools, the coach will love them! Mine is especially into that, as she goes to the gym before she coaches us. Hope this helps!

We usually gift our coach a medal. We pick out the ribbon and the medal online and engraving is usually free. It usually says
“Name of Coach”
1st Place AA Coach
2021-2022.

Or something to that effect. It’s personal and my son enjoys presenting them a medal. Well I say that, I expected a dramatic “to-do” like “ thank you so much for coaching me and teaching me this year”. Reality vs expectation. My son just said “here ya go” and that was it lol. Oh well, the intent was there.

Attachments

• B567F9EF-E632-4877-825B-40C57DE58FB5.jpeg
    B567F9EF-E632-4877-825B-40C57DE58FB5.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 1BFD797E-D834-404B-9954-A12617B97164.jpeg
    1BFD797E-D834-404B-9954-A12617B97164.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 32
I was wondering if it is customary to give a gift to the coach at the end of the year around the state meet? If so any good ideas?

Gifts are always good! A drone!

Here is another thread...

Our coaches are a married couple - I’m wondering what I could get them??? The guy is legit a big kid, he loves cars, energy drinks, baseball, the lady is a lot more reserved… we don’t spend as much time chatting so I don’t know as much about her. She loves coffee but Starbucks seems so generic. I know she loves her puppy.

These people poured their heart and soul into my kid the last week to help her get over a really bad fall, and the way they treated her with positivity and respect during what has to be the worst meet of her life is worth it’s weight in gold.

We’ve always given gifts to my daughter’s coaches. Typically an Amazon gift card for the younger (presumably less well-paid) coaches and a nice “thank you” card for senior coaches.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back