WAG GK Custom Workout Leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sorry for another leo thread!
I am looking for workout leos for our pre-team girls and was thinking of getting a pretty standard GK leo and getting the gym name on the front- embroidered or maybe in the new Sequinz. Something like this:
http://www.gkelite.com/Gymnastics-Shopby-CampLeotards/E2522
Lots of these girls are not used to wearing leos to practice so I figured these would be comfy and also good for the hotter summer months, but also made a little more "special" for them. But I'm also really worried about cost, as it is a small club and a handful of the girls are from families that need to be a little tighter with their money.
Does anyone have any idea (just a ballpark figure) how much something like this would cost? We would be getting about 10, but I guess could extend the offer to team girls if that would offset the cost further.
Or does anyone know of other leo companies that could do something similar for a better price? I have ordered custom leos from Melody before for the high school team I coach and love the styles and price, but I don't think she can do a custom logo and the high schoolers complained about fit. Or should I just go for something totally different?

GK is usually expensive once you customize anything through them.

What I would do, if you're looking for really economical, is get something like this http://www.k-beeleotards.com/gymnastics-leotards/solid-colors
or this
http://www.k-beeleotards.com/gymnastics-leotards/basics

and then have a local embroider place customize them. We've had good luck with that and the leos look good. You do run the risk of the work not being guaranteed (you can't send it back once it's altered) but I bet it will save $20-$30 off the price.

I am not a fan of the back of that leotard and am not sure it would be that comfortable for girls whoa re not used to leotards. I would like basic like this and get a logo on the front. http://www.gkelite.com/Gymnastics-Womensinstock-Basicleotards/3456
I looked at that as well, but I know some metallic fabrics are very uncomfortable for some kids, so I was looking for plain lycra fabrics to avoid that problem. But I will keep this on my list of possibilities.

You can get it much cheaper from Melody Leotards and they are really well made for the price, about half of that one. I recommend regular tank style. I get the mystique and kids love them but they are used to leos. Anyway they are nice though. I just pick one of the premade ones with rhinestones she has. Leave a lot of time for shipping and contact her if you think it's not coming. Very small business, so things can get backed up or mixed up. But I really like the leos and would recommend.

Basic mystique are still $20, you could probably contact her about adding the gym name to a bulk order.

My daughter's gym uses GK stock styles that are fancy enough to look custom to me (rhinestones, applique trim) for preteam exhibition leos and team "spirit" leos. I generally pay about $35, but I think the volume is greater than 10.

If you are concerned about comfort, Snowflake might be a good choice.

Last edited:
destira does custom Leos. They have done several meet Leos we have been to. They are super comfy and the girls wear them all the time. They are soft and stretchy so they would probably be good for the little first timers. Not sure about pricing.

http://destiracustom.com

for direct access to their custom team.

just as added comment we got snowflake custom Leos from a meet and no one wears them. They are itchy and too tight through the chest. Mystique fabric. Just our experience.

Thanks for all the help! I do love the price, quality, and service from Melody, but I've used them for my high school team the last 2 seasons and they complained about them being too tight. It's hard to tell if it was just teenagers being teenagers and complaining, or if there really are sizing issues. We also had trouble deciphering the sizing chart- kids who regularly wore AS from GK were coming up as AXL in Melody. That was 2 years ago, though.
I will check out the other suggestions, thanks so much!

We have seen many leotards customized from Motionwear. I would definitely have them price something for you. They have an open back option that is super duper comfortable. Also, we have custom leotards from ozone that are amazing - we wear them every monday for practice and they hold up (sequins and all) for an entire season!

We've gotten the gymtek lets (or there version of it, not sure exactly what they're called) from snowflake leotards with our logo embroidered.
I know another year the other team at our gym got them from Ozone leotards with the logo on it. You could check into both of those.

We've gotten the gymtek lets (or there version of it, not sure exactly what they're called) from snowflake leotards with our logo embroidered.
I know another year the other team at our gym got them from Ozone leotards with the logo on it. You could check into both of those.
You stole my OTHER idea, lol. When I posted about Snowflake and Ozone, I was struggling to decide which Snowflake one to link... wanted to link the dryflex, but copied the wrong link, lol.

Last year, Ozone had a cool deal - tshirt, leo, and shorts for under $50... and the shirt and leo had matching team logos. We were GOING to do it, but it slipped HC's mind with everything else that was going on.

I like the look of the Ozone leos, so maybe I'll give them a call today. I've heard good things about Motionwear as well, but have a hard time navigating their site and seeing what styles they have available.
GK had a camp deal with a leo, shorts, and bag for $45 that I thought of doing but the deal was over before the pre-team group even started practicing, even though it was publicized in Technique after that date... I also made a call to GK the other day and dealt with a somewhat rude customer service lady, so I would prefer to work with someone a little more helpful.
Thanks for all the great replies!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back