GK..not getting leos on time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Try Dreamlights - comparable price and leos, however I'm not sure how customer service is; though when we ordered from them we did get our leos in a reasonable amount of time.

We ordered from Dreamlight this year (the gym has used GK in the past, I wasn't there during that ordering process though). We put our order in at the end of September, I took a few days to "confirm everything." We received our leos this past week. They did ship one week past the "estimated ship date," but I was in contact with them the entire time and they were happy to tell me where the leos were at in the process and told me the day they were shipped. Again I took a few days for my finals confirmation so I did expect the leos to be later than my original "estimated ship date."

My daughter's club hasn't received their new GK leos either. They were told they would have them before their first meet two weeks ago, then they said they would have them last week. As far as I know, they haven't been delivered yet. When the leo is $253, it would be nice to have them for meets. We didn't order one this year because my daughter didn't compete last year and just went back to practice a few weeks ago. I'm hoping she can wear the one she wore when she last competed because they are very similar. She won't be joining team until December and if it takes that long to get it, the only meet left might be state and nationals.

We use Alpha Factor and they were great. I like them and how easy it is to wash their leos even the ones that have rhinestones on them.

I'm in the UK, and our club use Milano ProSport for the competition leotards - this is the company that make the leos for the British teams. Most clubs choose one of the designs from their range, and have them made up in custom colours, although they will make team leos to designs supplied by the customer. Our squad leotards are four colours of mystique, long sleeved, with crystals, made in our colours, and cost £58.50 ($92USD) - the nearest equivalent leo design I can find on the GK website is the zigzag design which is almost double the cost. The milano website states 3-4 weeks on made-to-order leotards, and in my experience our club have never had problems with timescales. We also get tracksuits from them - and they supply boys designs, shorts, scrunchies, wristbands, handguard bags etc. The quality is fab, and the gymnasts look great.
205682_10150213921720962_690550961_8661936_2342122_n.jpg

Last edited:
I like Dreamlight. DD hasn't ever had a Dreamlight competition leo, but I like the fit of them and have heard great things about their customer service. Alpha Factor has great service from what I've heard, BUT my dd hates them. They are very nice looking leos, it's just that the fit in the butt is all wrong for her. If her club switched to the Alpha Factor leos, I'd have to invest in some toupe tape or spray glue to keep the rump from riding up. I'm sure that not everyone has that issue though, but it does seem that AF has a cut that works much better with a 'long and lean' gymnast as opposed to the short and muscular or round booty body shapes.

If DD's gym goes away from GK, I kinda hope that they try Dreamlight.

KarenUK - those leos are very pretty :). They sound like a great company to work with also...and very reasonably priced - big bonus there!

I have to agree...our Alpha Factor leotards are beautiful & shipping was fast, but we have been to two meets so far & noticed that the butt rides up bad!!! I had to order sticky buns!

Our gym also had an issue with the leos from GK. We turned everything in in early August, hoping that everything would be there for our first meet in late November. When we contacted GK about the status of the leos, we said that we were working with so and so on an order, and they said "Oh, that person is no longer working here." So basically the person that was doing our order either quit or got fired and the order was just forgotten about. Our director said that we will never be using GK again, and this upsets me because their leotards are of high quality and we have never had an issue with them before.

Sounds like they had a really bad year this year. I can't imagine having to pay full price for leos that only arrive for the last couple of meets of the season. Dreadful. The other manufacturers will be picking up lots of business.

Still waiting on ours. The girls have competed in 3 meets in last years training leos-short sleeved. Ordered in August. Supposed to be here last week. Call said it will be December. Hoping so.

Has anyone talked to GK to find out why they are so behind? I'm beginning to be worried as my daughter's leo and warmups weren't ordered until September. We can't use last year's leo/warm ups as she switched gyms so she doesn't have anything from her new gym.

Has anyone talked to GK to find out why they are so behind? I'm beginning to be worried as my daughter's leo and warmups weren't ordered until September. We can't use last year's leo/warm ups as she switched gyms so she doesn't have anything from her new gym.

I believe that most of the gyms with problems were told that their order was misplaced. Personally, I think that they are just overwhelmed and the 'misplaced or lost' order is an excuse.

We also ordered our leos from GK in August, though we did get them in time, 2 days before our first meet, we have had to send 12 of them back because of holes. They are coming apart at the seams. Very disappointing. We used Alpha Factor 2 years ago and had no problems with them but as described in some of the other posts they have more of a tendency to ride up. I'm not sure what the solution is but there are a lot of parents and coaches that are not real happy with GK this year. For the cost of the leos you would think that they could be delivered on time and constructed better.

We ordered ours end of July and got them about 1 month ago...I guess we are one of the lucky few.

I wonder too what the issue is. Too many orders somewhere I bet.

We actually went with gymdigs this year and they were awesome! We actually had 4 that needed to be exchanged and they got those to us in a week!

Ours were ordered this summer from gk and are still not in. First meet is this weekend, and the hc is doing all he can do to make sure the girls are covered. Our order was also lost. AB outgrew hers and it was passed down. We were able to borrow one from a friend who is no longer competing. I feel so bad for the girls that will be competing for the first time.

Our team is still waiting for our Dream light order. My daughter has L6 states in Jan. I think part of the problem is not enough companies to make & accomodate all the orders. Think about how many gyms from every state and even different countries buying from companies like GK.

We ordered our long sleeve comp. leos the past 3 years from GK, and every year our order was pushed back and back again. This year we were told that our leos were not going to be in until mid January(3rd time they changed our delivery date), and we put the order in in August! I called Alpha Factor the minute I got the email and put the order in the end of October, and we got them last Wednesday, and they're beautiful, and they were a little less expensive to boot!

I don't have an issue with GK for stock leos, but I think we're definitely going to go with AF for our customs from now on.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back