Parents GK practice leo sizing?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momstrong

Proud Parent
I was going to order my 10 yo a GK leo for xmas and am not sure on the sizing since we've never had a GK practice leo. Her comp leo is GK and an extremely close fit CL. I'm wondering if I should go up to a AS. Her much shorter teammate wears a CM comp and went up to a loose AXS. I don't want it to bag on the bottom, but do want it comfy with some growing room.

She has many destira leos that are all JR and fit great.

According to this: https://gkelite.azureedge.net/images/static/sizecharts/size-charts-inches-womens-leos.pdf

Her rough measurements I took put her in a CM for sleek fit...

Thanks for your insight!

for reference in her comp leo. She's tallish, but a lot it the legs, not as much torso.

Attachments

• untitled-3 (1).jpg
    untitled-3 (1).jpg
    990.9 KB · Views: 120
I don't know how helpful this is, but as a general rule, most often my DD has always worn a practice leo one size up from her comp leo. She has mostly been wearing AXS and a few AS GK leos, and competed in a CL comp leo through last spring.

She's narrow, just over 5 ft tall, and low-90s for weight.

I don't know how helpful this is, but as a general rule, most often my DD has always worn a practice leo one size up from her comp leo. She has mostly been wearing AXS and a few AS GK leos, and competed in a CL comp leo through last spring.

She's narrow, just over 5 ft tall, and low-90s for weight.

This is definitely helpful! I think dd is still in the low to mid 70's for weight. I'm not sure how tall - I should measure! But under 5' I think. I'm leaning towards the AXS. :)

DD wears GK CL she is 4'6" and weighs 70 pounds. She would prefer I get her CM but no growth room in a CM.

My dd wears an AXS gk practice Leo. She is 4'11" and over 108 pounds of solid muscle. Her best friend who is 5'4" but much leaner wears AS in gk.

Dd wears AS in completion Leo, though. She has very buff arms and shoulders and cannot squeeze into the XS.

My dd wears an AXS gk practice Leo. She is 4'11" and over 108 pounds of solid muscle. Her best friend who is 5'4" but much leaner wears AS in gk.

Dd wears AS in completion Leo, though. She has very buff arms and shoulders and cannot squeeze into the XS.

whoa! You're throwing a whole new twist into the equation - she wears a smaller tank practice leo than comp! That's awesome that her arms and shoulders are so buff! Do you happen to know your dd torso meas? My rough meas. was 47" not knowing for sure how to do it.

I think it depends on the fabrics. My dd has a gk competition leotard and practice leotard in the same size and the practice leotard has a lot more stretch and will last her longer as it’s just plain Lycra whereas her competition leotard is mystique which doesn’t stretch nowhere near as much.

I think it depends on the fabrics. My dd has a gk competition leotard and practice leotard in the same size and the practice leotard has a lot more stretch and will last her longer as it’s just plain Lycra whereas her competition leotard is mystique which doesn’t stretch nowhere near as much.

This is definitely helpful! I think dd is still in the low to mid 70's for weight. I'm not sure how tall - I should measure! But under 5' I think. I'm leaning towards the AXS. :)

My dd is 69 lbs and 4'9". She wears GK all the time. Her GK CL's fit perfectly. An AXS would bag. Hope that reference helps.

So much of leotard fit depends on torso size. You can have 2 kids that are the same height wand weight wearing different leo sizes, because one has a longer torso and shorter legs than the other.

whoa! You're throwing a whole new twist into the equation - she wears a smaller tank practice leo than comp! That's awesome that her arms and shoulders are so buff! Do you happen to know your dd torso meas? My rough meas. was 47" not knowing for sure how to do it.
To measure torso, shoulder down thru crotch and back up to same shoulder. I always repeat on the other side just in case.
Don't pull "camel toe" tight while measuring, but don't let it hang loose either.
Torso is the most important measurement... As someone with 2 long torso gymmies can attest.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back