GK sizing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am looking to buy a GK Adidas workout leotard but I am not to sure what size to get, I was hoping someone who is more experienced with GK sizes can help me out a bit (this is my first Gk leo).

First of all, for GK for the torso measurements do you measure over your shoulder front to back, or from the front of your neck to the back of your neck? I saw it both ways online. (hope that makes sense).

I am 5ft 8ish (tall and thin) and have quit a long torso. I think i will fit into the Adult Large for length,and my waist also fits into AL, but the chest and hip measurements for AL are 1.5 to 2 inches too big.

So should i get Adult medium and risk it being too short, or Adult large and risk it being too baggy?

Thanks for the help!
(i did call GK to ask but they are closed until monday so I thought I'd just ask here first)

My daughter is 10. She is only 4 ft 7. She can wear an adult medium and it has a little growing room. It is not an indecent fit. :) She wears a size 12 slim in girls jeans. The adult small is a perfect fit with no growing room. My six year old wears a size seven jeans in girls can wear the adult xsmall and it is a great fit. Most of the 9-10 year olds at gym wear the adult small. HTH.

I would get an AXL. I am 5'5" with a long torso, and very thin, and if I don't get that size it is very uncomfortable to wear because they are not long enough. GK leotards do not run long. The torso measurement is the most important. You can ignore the other ones. Measure over the shoulder just like the GK website shows. Unless you want your leotard to be really tight... the AXL for me is never baggy... if you're tall, you'll fill up the extra room with length. The good news is... GK will let you return if stuff doesn't fit, and you can get another size. But personally... if I were you I would try AXL to start.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would get an AXL. I am 5'5" with a long torso, and very thin, and if I don't get that size it is very uncomfortable to wear because they are not long enough. GK leotards do not run long. The torso measurement is the most important. You can ignore the other ones. Measure over the shoulder just like the GK website shows. Unless you want your leotard to be really tight... the AXL for me is never baggy... if you're tall, you'll fill up the extra room with length. The good news is... GK will let you return if stuff doesn't fit, and you can get another size. But personally... if I were you I would try AXL to start.

I'm 5'7" and quite a bit heavier than you. An AXL is a comfortable fit to workout in, but I prefer the tighter fit of the AL. The velvet leotards tend to run a bit larger. If I were you, I'd get an AL in a velvet leo, or an AXL in a spandex.

ok thanks everyone. i ordered a large last night but GK isn't even open so i should be able to change the size tomorrow morning if i need to...

dannolynn and fuzi, do you two know your torso measurements by any chance?
ha weird question, sorry
it would just make it easier to compare.

Mines 62.5 to 63 which is half an inch to an inch bigger than the AL but since the other parts of the AL are bigger it might fit well? I feel like the AXL might be too big...

thanks very much!
I just want to make sure i get the right size cause it's shipping from the states to canada.

Mine is 62.5-63 as well. If you are older and prefer a tighter fit, I'd go with the AL. If you want a little looser, get the AXL.

ok thank you VERY much!
i'm going to go with the AL i think, my mom says it looks like the measurements will fit me the best too.

thanks again, you were very helpful! :)

mine is 57, and an AXL is long enough and is not baggy at all (to give you some perspective... my waist is 26. according to my other measurements i should be in an AS or AM, but i can't even fit into them because my torso is long). on me the AXL is tight and fitting, but not suffocating. if you don't mind tightness in the length, get the AL, but i personally don't like feeling like everything is stretched to the limit height wise, and like my shoulders are being pulled down, because the leo is too short. to me, that is very uncomfortable. good luck.

Really? 4ft 7inch and wearing adults medium? i am 5ft 2inch nearly 3 and wear adult small
are the sizes different in america to australia because 4ft 7 is much shorter than 5ft 2 and im in a smaller size and im not exactly a stick either

Really? 4ft 7inch and wearing adults medium? i am 5ft 2inch nearly 3 and wear adult small
are the sizes different in america to australia because 4ft 7 is much shorter than 5ft 2 and im in a smaller size and im not exactly a stick either

Crazy I know! The adult xsmalls creep up places and cut into her underarms. She is very long waisted though. The adult small is a perfect fit. The adult medium she can wear but is a little big. Her ideal size is an adult small. This is the regular shiny material ones. I think they run smaller in GK instead of the velvet GK which tend to run bigger. In different brands she wears different sizes. If you look at the pics I have posted the one she is competiting in is an adult medium. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back