Goals for 2009-2010

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In my gym we've been setting lots of goals for the season. I thought it would be cool for people to post their goals here, and let everyone when they achieve them!

I want to learn backhandspring on high beam, cast handstand layout full, layout flyaway and fronthandspring full off vault. I also want to climb all the way up the rope with no legs and win a medal at provincials. What about you guys??

Goal #1: Get my ankle fully healed from my recent sprain so I can compete agian.

Assuming I accomplish that....

Floor:
-Consistant double-double
-Consistant layout thomas that doesn't bounce afterward
-Get my endurance to the point where I don't feel like I'm gonna die at the end of every routine

Vault:
-Land my tsuk arabian double front in competition (preferably at NatQuals -- and then at Nationals if I make it)

Rings & High bar:
-Compete!

Beth's goals this year (she's a level 8):
Vault: Flip layout tsuk to competition surface (6 mos goal is flipping pike tsuk to red mat and layouts into pit)

Bars: Shoot-over to handstand with no mats on real bars & double backs to competition surface (6 mos goal is shootover to handstand with 8 in over bar, but I've seen her do these in practice with no bar, so maybe she met that already??)

Beam: back handspring layout stepout on high beam (6 mos goal is back handspring layout step out on low beam)

Floor: Front hand spring layout front pike on competition surface (6 mos goal is front handspring front layout front tuk on floor & front handspring, front layout from pike on rod floor)

Her big goal is to be a level 10 in two years.

That's what she wrote up for her goals--they do it at her gym too. I have it taped by my computer (where I post all sorts of paperwork)

My big goals are do well in my level 8 meets and then go level 9. And to get better at bars.

-Compete level 7 and move up to level 8!!

VAULT:
Get all 9's in level 7
Suks into pit

BARS:
Giants on uneven bars
clear-hip to HS
layout flyaway

BEAM:
BWO BHS
gainers off beam
BHS BHS on low beam
standing back tuck's on ANY beam ;)

FLOOR:
Layout Full on tumble track
Layout Full into pit
Layout FUll on the floor (maybe, haha)
FHS Front Pike
FHS Front Layout (maybe again!)

my goals:
vault:
-pike tsuk/open tuck

bars:
-free hip handstand
-flyaway 1 1/2
-counter up
-better form

beam:
-back tuck consistantly
-roundoff layout 1/1
-a good series

floor:
-consistant 2/1
-1 1/2 punch front

others:
-push myself out of my comfort zone
-try and get less frustrated
-hopefully compete provincial 5 by the end of the year

Vault: tsuks onto mats into the pit (I've done them into the pit twice). Eventually compete them.

Bars: clear hip to HS (it's not bad, but not quite HS either). Better casts, consistent toe shoot (getting there)... Eventually work giants on real bars

Beam: um... better leaps, roundoffs. Front full dismounts. Eventually front handsprings, but that's a long way to go (yeah, not a fan of beam).

Floor: front fulls, front through to back tuck, better back tumbling in general (as in, more power/speed/technique,... it's kinda loose and ****ty at this point). Back half/full...eventually.

Overall- make it to intermediate prep opt
Floor:
1) ROBHS on floor without a spot
2) Front flyspring (can do it on tramp and TT)
3) Walk halfway across floor in Handstand
4) Front tuck
5) Straddle press handstand

Beam:
1) Cartwheel on high beam
2) BWO on low beam(maybe high beam!)
3) Nice high leaps!
4) Probably more I am not thinking of!!!!
5) FWO on beam

Vault:
1) FHS

Bars:
Polish the few skills I have, THEN......
1) FHC
2) Baby giant
3) Flyaway
4) A kip!!

move up to Level 8 at the end of the year

Bars: make my giants more consistant
work giant-flyaways
cast handstand to clear hip

Beam: make my bhs more consistant
start working hand-hands
connect my frontwalkover cartwheels more consistantly

Floor: get more hight on my layout in my front thru ro-bhs layout
start working fhs front layout front tucks

Vault: start working tsuks, have them by summer

Vault:
Tsuk layout (if my coach lets me:D)

Bars
Clear to handstand
Giants
Layout flyaway 1/1

Beam
Backhandspring
Backsault

Floor
2/1 twist
1 1/2 back + punch front

Vault yurchenko pike or layout. twisting would be really sick
Bars double back flyaway higgins straddle back handstand uphill
Beam bhs back tuck, front tuck, bhs layout step out eventually?
Floor front full punch front, back 1.5 punch front back double front 1.5 double back

Wow! I have lots of goals!!

Wow where can I even start with this?!? Lol I have so many goals!!

Bars: Kip!! Then freehip into a Kip. Overall I would like to perform a clean routine (including skills such as fhc,bhc,kips,squat ons, long hang Kip, and flyaway

vault: front handspring with no spot!!

Beam: bwo ( almost have) it's unlikely to happen and I'm going to try extremely hard but a backhandspring ( keeping in mind this is only my second full yr of gym but I'm determined to get it)

floor: front tuck, bhs back tuck and possibly a layout, FHs front tuck

Overall I am confident and feel like I can do whatever I set my mind to. Of course my biggest goal is to make team!! Tryouts are in spring!!

Floor: I hope soon my coaches will let me start doing some connected front tumbling again. Right now I'm a L5 so I only have a front handspring in my routine, but I can do the L6 pass pretty well and I would love to work on FHS-flyspring. It's meet season...so probably not very soon. I also want to improve my leap (split! split! split!) and have fewer little bobbles on some of the dance.

Beam: Consistency in my full routines! And then I want to work on my split leap. And then consistency in BWOs. And then I want to start working FWOs on the low beam (right now I put mats around it). Hopefully low-beam w/mats BHS, too.

Bars: Cast to handstand! *crosses fingers and eyes* Also, flyaway!

Vault: Keep getting my FHS consistent. Right now I can do a good one but not consistently and I really, really have to focus. I want to get it a bit more automatic, because right now my automatic is "bend chest down on board."

Trampoline: Work on standing and couple-bounces back tucks with knees and ankles together! Also, work on height, good set, fast rotation, all of that stuff. Right now my body doesn't really understand how to do a good back tuck when I don't bounce for a lot of height.

GOALS
Floor:
Roundoff flip sault

Beam:
Back walkover
punch front dismount

Bars:
Kip
Toe shoot dismount

Vault:
Improve handspring
possibly start handspring front
I also want to improve on my overall strength and flexibility

To get back into competition shape! I have to wait until we get results back from the MRI I'm having tomorrow to even practice. Oy. :(

Once that happens...

1. Place top 3 at every meet
2. Win one all-around.
3. Help my team to win a meet!
4. Be a good team leader.
5. Have fun - only 2 years left, so I'm trying to make it last! :)

GOALS
Floor:
Roundoff flip sault

Beam:
Back walkover
punch front dismount

Bars:
Kip
Toe shoot dismount

Vault:
Improve handspring
possibly start handspring front
I also want to improve on my overall strength and flexibility
stupid mistake in my previous post was toe shoot dismount - i meant sole circle dismount

Vault: tsuks onto mats into the pit (I've done them into the pit twice). Eventually compete them.

Bars: clear hip to HS (it's not bad, but not quite HS either). Better casts, consistent toe shoot (getting there)... Eventually work giants on real bars

Beam: um... better leaps, roundoffs. Front full dismounts. Eventually front handsprings, but that's a long way to go (yeah, not a fan of beam).

Floor: front fulls, front through to back tuck, better back tumbling in general (as in, more power/speed/technique,... it's kinda loose and ****ty at this point). Back half/full...eventually.

I thought I'd check back with this and see where I am in the process.

Well, vault: Improving tsuks into the pit. Reckon they'll be fine to do onto mats but for now I'd play it safe and focus on technique without worrying about breaking my neck.

Bars: clear hips feel great. definitely set onto starting giants on the real bars. Not sure how realistic that goal is but I figured I'd try.

Beam: UM. not good. Trying back extension rolls now.

Floor: front fulls are nearly there,... not sure about a double salto pass. doesn't work that well. back tumbling is improving though.

Overall, pretty happy, especially considering I'm back at uni and only have (even more) limited training time.

giants!

I started coaching at the end of September, and the head coach told me this one girl (level 7) needed to get a giant before she was allowed to compete bars. I expected to watch her try it, and maybe give her a few corrections, and she'd get it in a couple weeks. Instead, she couldn't even cast to horizontal, didn't always make her long hang kip, and ripped after 10 minutes practically every practice for the first three weeks. I've written out a plan for her, and gave her the goal of January 15, which is a week before a big meet.

So my biggest goal for the year is to get her to compete a giant.

Vault: any legit flipping vault that lands feet first without breaking my ankles (aka get back a pike tsuk)

Bars: pirouette to bail hand

Beam: BHS 2 feet BHS; BT; cartwheel 1 1/2 dismount

Floor: FLO FLO; 1 1/2 front pike; whip 1/2 front pike

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back