goals???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know what it is. Two of our level eights did them until they got their straddle backs.

On bars? My routine is boring, but no one here really does giants at level seven. I do a clearhip on the lowbar, and the highbar, and a layout flyaway( I can almost do my 1/2 twist too)

In general? Beam: front walkover-fronthandspring, leap-straddle jump
Floor: layout, fronthand-front, switch leap-tuck full, full turn with leg above horizontal.
Vault: for now a front handspring, but I've been starting to train 1/2 ons and 1/2 on half offs.

On bars? My routine is boring, but no one here really does giants at level seven. I do a clearhip on the lowbar, and the highbar, and a layout flyaway( I can almost do my 1/2 twist too)

In general? Beam: front walkover-fronthandspring, leap-straddle jump
Floor: layout, fronthand-front, switch leap-tuck full, full turn with leg above horizontal.
Vault: for now a front handspring, but I've been starting to train 1/2 ons and 1/2 on half offs.

Cool! Wow. Frontwalkover- fronthandspring! Thats pretty cool! I don't see many people do that! Do you have a really bendy back? Thats the same BAR routine I did in level 7 too...... Now i'm cut catch, kip, freehip, kip, squat on, uprise ,free hip flyaway. I make my giants sometimes but they aren't in my routine.

My back isn't so bendy as people might think-it's all my shoulders! They're so flexible that they are deceptive. And no, no I've ever seen does front walkoever front handspring. A few do front walkovers, but that's pretty rare and I haven't seen front handsprings at all.

Tainetd Love. I love it so much. There are a couple of places where my entire team claps in my routine. It's really cool and I've liked the song for a long time. It's one of my dad's favorite songs of all time, too, so he of course never gets sick of hearing the music!

Level 7

Vault: Work on half on's

Bars: Work giants or kip cast free hip kip cast flyaway

Beam: I have all of my skills just need bh on high beam by myself and to put together my routine

Floor: Get layout by myself and get my floor routine together( Shakira, Eyes like Yours)

Tainetd Love. I love it so much. There are a couple of places where my entire team claps in my routine. It's really cool and I've liked the song for a long time. It's one of my dad's favorite songs of all time, too, so he of course never gets sick of hearing the music!

I don't know if I've ever heard it. Mines Walking on Sunshine. The part where its like I'm walking on sunshine wo ah of course my whole team sings that part! haha I love it! This is my second year of having it and next year I'll get different music

wink wink sly nudge.

So...goals. I have a three-week break from meets, then three weekends in a row, so now's a great time to work.

Bars: tighten up throughout routine, more height coming out of highbar clearhip.
Beam: Go to the next meet without even THINKING about taking a spot on my frontwalkover.
Floor: Land my fronthand front at a meet. Get more height and less pikey on layout.
Vault: Block more quickly and with tight arms.

OK my updated list:

Vault- Land fronthandspring fulls constantly. When I do a good twist I land on my face. lol
Bars- Get my giants to a flyaway and put them in my routine!!
Beam- Just get more consitant and be confortable up there.... ( Yeah not gonna happen lol)
Floor- Maybe put twisting in my routine? Have better form on everything.

Level 5

My goal is to be level 8 next year.
(my coach said it's possible)

Goals for the rest of level 5

vault: higher FHS

beam:no bent arms in press,higher backtuck in my dismount

bars:STICK dismount

floor:higher leaps

Longtime goals

Ok So I'm not gonna have these done soon but its like before I go to college. I'm in 8th grade now.

To become a level 9.... ( i'm a level 8 now)
To get some sweet tricks aka straddle back bounding on floor( like front handspring front pike front tuck)

Also this doesn't really have much to do with goals...... But next season I get to get new music. Does anyone have any suggestions? I want something fast. Thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back