goals???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gracefulone

Ok, maybe I'm the only one obsessive like this, but I have goals for every month!!!
What are some of your goals coming up??? Please post level, too.

I'll start. I'm a level 7.
By the end of September:
Bars: fully connected routine, cast to 45 degrees above horizontal(seen the new requirements yet, anyone??:))
Beam: front walkover fronthandspring-high skinny beam, no extra mats, switch leap to 180(high skinny beam), finish making up routine.
Floor: stick front handspring fronts, get routine choreographed(Tainted Love)
Vault: post flight!!!

I'm level 3 lol

BY DECEMBER:
I want to be level 4
beam: BHS or backwalkover
bars: work on kip
floor: standing tucks
vault: nothing special, maybe start working on the level 5 vault (FHS)

Just wondering, why standing tucks(floor) and b/wo, bh on beam if you want to be a level 4? Is it part of your clubthat you have to?

I was wondering the same thing as gracefulone. I think it's a great thing to set goals--it'll really help you succeed in what you're doing. My goal is to get back into the gym and do some basic stuff on floor and trampoline.

no, its because i did tumbling, and want to catch everything else up.

but my club, yeah, you have to have a certain number of level 4 skills to move up to level 4. (or for whatever level you want to move up to. )

Last edited:
By December:

Level 9

Vault: Yurchanko Layout by myself

Bars: Full bar routine- Clearhip to straddleback to toe heck to blidchangefull to double pike dismount.

Beam: Switchleap backtuck consistent

Floor: Full routine- Full and a half punch front, front handspring full punch pike, and double full on the real floor.

GymKim93---way to go with setting some awesome goals for this year! Good luck with all of them! One and a half punch fronts on floor are awesome, once you get those really good, go for one and a half punch front full--i loved doing that one! Double pike dismount off bars--woot woot! Next step..double layout :p

Old Goals:(I know there is still a week until December, but i have no more classes until December:( )
BY DECEMBER:
I want to be level 4
nope :(
beam: BHS or backwalkover backwalkover on medium beam :)
bars: work on kip
floor: standing tucks
only off an 8in. :|
vault: nothing special, maybe start working on the level 5 vault (FHS)

New goals - By February:
I want to be Level 4
Beam: bhs on low beam, backwalkover on high beam
Bars: work on Kip
Floor: front tucks, standing tucks
vault: same, maybe start working on L5 vault.

By the next meet(Dec.15)
Floor: Set to my potential on layout(sometimes they're really good, sometimes they're really bad)

Beam: Full routine. Alone. Don't kill my father on my dismount(I tend to go straight up on my backtuck off, and it scares him!)

Bars: Hmmm. Hit the cast requirement so my routine starts out of a ten.

Vault: Get hands off the table more QUICKLY!

goals

beam- flipflop flipflop by my self
floor- land double fool
bar- conest my routine
vault- do a half on layout

good luck to all of your goals

level 4 (Canada)
YAY, i love making goals! They really help me improve!

My goals at the start of the year that i have accomplished are:
standing backtuck on floor, frontwalkover on high beam, backhandspring on low beam, arial (with just hurdle thing, not huge run) , front full off beet board (random, just for fun), good leg splits all the way, and work kips lots

My new goals:
beam- backhandspring on high beam by gym show (April), confidence when doing frontwalkover on high beam
bars- kip!!! (i'm so close, i did 3 last practice)
Floor- full twist by gym show (i can do a 3/4) , front tuck, splits all the way that i can hold for more than 10s
Vault- meh...no real goals here, possibly start practicing half twist again

and yes, good luck with your goals everyone!!!

Level 8 USA! Ymca!
Vault- to get a really good handspring 1/1 and maybe start doing more/ maybe learning suk idk haha.
Bars- to get my giants consistant and maybe do a different release like straddle back or toe shoot or shootover haha.
Beam- to keep doing my bhs bhs and maybe get more cool stuff to put in my routine!
Floor- to get my full consistant, to do fronthandspring front pike front tuck, do get better at DANCING!

GOOD LUCK DUDES! HAHA <3

By the next meet(Dec.15)
Floor: Set to my potential on layout(sometimes they're really good, sometimes they're really bad)

Beam: Full routine. Alone. Don't kill my father on my dismount(I tend to go straight up on my backtuck off, and it scares him!)

Bars: Hmmm. Hit the cast requirement so my routine starts out of a ten.

Vault: Get hands off the table more QUICKLY!

I go tmy beam, floor, and vault goals at the meet, but not bars. However the rest of my routine was really good so I still took fourth, with my routine starting out of a 9.5, and evreyone else's in the top three started out of ten.

okay i don't compete, i only do it recreationally but my major goal is to become a level 8 by the time a graduate. right now im 15.

these are my goals for June 2008:

beam - backwalkover, backwalkover and a backhandspring. cartwheel back lay

bars- consistent and nice fluid connections of kips to handstands and clear hips

floor- layout, fulls and front handspring f. tucks

vault- land my tsuk

i hope i get this stuff cuz i only go for about 2 hrs per week!

i took sept, oct and dec. off cuz of other things so the other day was my first day back, and i got my cartwheel back tuck of beam and i could still do front fulls on tramp!

Level 8 USA! Ymca!
Vault- to get a really good handspring 1/1 and maybe start doing more/ maybe learning suk idk haha.
Bars- to get my giants consistant and maybe do a different release like straddle back or toe shoot or shootover haha.
Beam- to keep doing my bhs bhs and maybe get more cool stuff to put in my routine!
Floor- to get my full consistant, to do fronthandspring front pike front tuck, do get better at DANCING!

GOOD LUCK DUDES! HAHA <3

What's your release now?

My Goals for 2008

gymnastics: medal on vault at least once (ie learn to vault :()
get my tkatchev really consistent
learn to do at least one really cool skill (no idea what though :D)
medal on aa at least once!
get my double pike and double twist really consistent!

non gymnastics: pass my exams

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back