Parents Going to Pre-team!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cadybearsmommy

Proud Parent
Well technically, she just had her first preteam classes this week! :p

Sorry I haven't posted in a LONG time...but I have been around reading some and wanted to share that my 6 year old dd was promoted from the invite only pre-pre team class to level 4 preteam! So excited for her, she is dying to compete and it actually seems somewhat within sight now. LOL.

The practice hours have doubled, so she is definitely tired when she gets out, but no complaints so far except for being thirsty.

Here was her end of year "show" for the pre-pre team class, she made a LOT of progress in a year with the class, so I can only imagine how she will look after a year of preteam!

Thanks for letting me share!
Cady's Dynamites Mock Meet Spring 2012 - YouTube

Thank you and your dd is amazing, just watched her Tiger Paw video and subbed...our team gymnasts did that meet as well! So you guys must not be too far from us? =)

Thanks! We are a few states away, but usually the compulsory team does a few 4+ hr drive meets during the season. I can say that the girls loved Tiger Paw, especially the introduction. :) Good luck to Cady! She'll be starting level 4 before you know it.

I think moving to more hours in the summer is smart. When my little DD moved in January from 3 to 6 hours, it was tough! It took her about 1.5 months to get used to it. Congratulations to your pre-teamer!

I think moving to more hours in the summer is smart. When my little DD moved in January from 3 to 6 hours, it was tough! It took her about 1.5 months to get used to it. Congratulations to your pre-teamer!

I agree, makes a lot more sense to do it during the summer time when they can adjust without having to worry about school too! We're making the jump from 8 to 12 this summer, I'm hoping its not too big of an adjustment.

Cute! So your gym doesn't compete level 4?

Yes they do! It is the first level of comp...the level 4 preteam trains level four and then when they go to team, they pretty much already have all the skills and just have to tone up the routines. =)

I agree, makes a lot more sense to do it during the summer time when they can adjust without having to worry about school too! We're making the jump from 8 to 12 this summer, I'm hoping its not too big of an adjustment.

We jumped from 1 hr a week to 6 hrs a week, 7.5 if you count open gym which she usually goes. I thought it might be a little tough, but she's literally climbing the walls before and after class. Oh what I would do for some of that energy! :)

OP- Congrats on your DD. She looks great! My little one is doing the same skills right now, and you're right it's awesome watching them and seeing them grow.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back