Parents Gold requirement questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 27150

Can I do a front handspring on floor?
can I do a round off back handspring or round off double back handspring?
do I have to do a switch leap?
do I have to do a kip on bars?
do I have to do a fly away dismount or can I do a half turn thing?
do I have to do something over the vault table?
can I do stretch jump kick up handstand flat back or handstand flat back on the vault table?
Can I do front handspring over the mat stack?
can I do a handstand and a cartwheel on beam?
can I do a I think it’s called brownie dismount on beam?
I know it’s a lot sorry

An isolated front handspring will not help fulfill any requirements. If you did a round off backhandspring and a.roundoff double backhandspring as your two passes, that actually does meet the requirements.

No, just a passage of dance with one leap and one other element (like a jump, hitch kick, cat leap, etc)

No, but some gyms require it

Flyaway is not required, but your gym might choose to make it one

Yes. Handspring and half on are the most common vault in gold.

can I do stretch jump kick up handstand flat back or handstand flat back on the vault table?

No. That does not even work for silver. I don't know the bronze requirements because our gym doesn't do it.

No. That is the standard silver vault .

Thank you so much but can I also have 2-3 tap swings before the fly away or does it need to be out of a cast

And for floor can I do punch front or front step out front hand

Can I do a handstand and a cartwheel on beam?
Yes, those are common in Xcel Gold.
Can I do a I think it’s called brownie dismount on beam?
It is called a Barani, and yes, you can do it in Gold.
Thank you so much but can I also have 2-3 tap swings before the fly away or does it need to be out of a cast
There is not extra swing deduction, so you could do 2-3 tap swings. The flyaway does not have to be out of a cast.
And for floor can I do punch front or front step out front hand
You could do a punch front or front tuck step out front handspring
Will a backward roll work as an acro
A backward roll is an acro, but won't work as a tumbling pass in Xcel Gold because requirements are for flight skills.

Yes, those are common in Xcel Gold.

It is called a Barani, and yes, you can do it in Gold.

There is not extra swing deduction, so you could do 2-3 tap swings. The flyaway does not have to be out of a cast.

You could do a punch front or front tuck step out front handspring

A backward roll is an acro, but won't work as a tumbling pass in Xcel Gold because requirements are for flight skills.
But you could do a back shoulder roll on beam as long as your other acro passed through vertical (handstand, cartwheel, walkover).

As a coach, I also really hope your coach is being clear with you when it comes to the expectations for each level.

Okay im going to map out the skills I want for each event and i would like to know if these will work for gold

floor. Front hand step out front hand, round off back handspring ( 2 if needed but preferably 1), full turn, leap stag jump,cartwheel, backwalkover, handstand

beam. Cartwheel, handstand that does NOT hit vertical but comes close, full turn, switch jump, leap or split jump ( prefer leap) side handstand quarter turn dismount or braini ( perfer the handstand one

vault. Half on or front hand

bars. Glide, pullover, cast, cast squat on, jump, tap swings, half turn dismount. ( I will add back hip circle on low bar if necessary) or glide, pull over, cast ,cast squat on, jump, baby giant, cast back hip circle, swing down, taps, half turn dismount

Okay im going to map out the skills I want for each event and i would like to know if these will work for gold

floor. Front hand step out front hand, round off back handspring ( 2 if needed but preferably 1), full turn, leap stag jump,cartwheel, backwalkover, handstand

beam. Cartwheel, handstand that does NOT hit vertical but comes close, full turn, switch jump, leap or split jump ( prefer leap) side handstand quarter turn dismount or braini ( perfer the handstand one

vault. Half on or front hand

bars. Glide, pullover, cast, cast squat on, jump, tap swings, half turn dismount. ( I will add back hip circle on low bar if necessary) or glide, pull over, cast ,cast squat on, jump, baby giant, cast back hip circle, swing down, taps, half turn dismount
Take the cartwheel, backwalkover, and handstand out of your floor routine. All they do is give more.opportunities for deductions.

You need two jumps or leaps for beam, pick your favorite, though one does need to be a split. Honestly leap and straight jump with best maximize scoring potential. Switch leap is unnecessary and will likely cost you more than it's worth. Handstand 1/4 turn dismount works.

Both vaults start from a 10.

I wouldn't do two casts on low bar either way. You are doing way too many skills. With the skills listed, I would probably say do pullover, cast, back hip circle, squat on, long hang pullover, underswing, tap swing, dismount.

Your coach should really be the one helping you figure out your best routine composition.

Good advice from coach Kate. Also switch leap on beam is a C so an unallowable element at gold and would not fulfill split requirement and cost an extra 0.5 off start value. But you may have meant beat jump?(this jump is called many things, I’ve also heard it called a twiddle jump) That would be fine instead of straight jump.

I know it’s a lot sorry
1. Yes
2. Either one
3. No, you can do a regular one, but both are allowed (on floor, switch leaps arent allowed on beam until diamond I think)
4. No, but it's good to have it early for the higher levels
5. Both are allowed
6. Yes
7. No
8. No, the mat stack is for silver
9. I think you're required to have 2 acro skills, so you should do both
10. Yes, I think its called a barani and most of the golds at my gym do it

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back